The "New Toys" Thread

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
The cable was NOT ok. It wasn't a v1.2 cable, which is what I bought today for less than the other one (and longer), and now it works like a charm. 720p and 1080p mkv files playing flawlessly! I'm chuffed to bits! It's so beautiful! I just watched the Top Gear rip and will now test Moon with Slovenian subtitles. If that works as it should, this is the best purchase I've done in a while.

EDIT: It does! :D

Last edited:

Gabkicks

got OCZ Mod extreme 780 watt modular power supply, some IC Diamond 7 TIM, and an antec 1200 case for my new system.

Last edited:

killpanda

wants to fondle your manboobs
Just got a used 40GB PS3 for a good price and a new 1.8m HDMI cable for $3 :-d

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
It's the cheap model they unveiled a while ago so it only has 2 USB ports, no PS2 and I believe no card reader. But I don't really care, apart for that it's a full PS3 anyway :-D
oh ic, well enjoy your ps3 then :)

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
It just switches back. I was told in another forum that there's supposed to be a confirmation window after that, where you have to press right to highlight the YES button and then hit enter. I did that and now I get no signal on the composite too! Looks like it switches to HDMI, but can't shake hands with the TV. :(
Have you tried another cable?
The cable is ok, tried it with another player and tv.
The cable was NOT ok. It wasn't a v1.2 cable, which is what I bought today for less than the other one (and longer), and now it works like a charm. 720p and 1080p mkv files playing flawlessly! I'm chuffed to bits! It's so beautiful! I just watched the Top Gear rip and will now test Moon with Slovenian subtitles. If that works as it should, this is the best purchase I've done in a while.

EDIT: It does! :D
You're welcome. :p

My friend called me from Fry's ones, while in line to buy a whole 'nother $300 4-drive external enclosure because he thought his was bad. I told him to turn around, put it back, and buy a $4 cable and try that instead. Works just fine now.

I think, pretty much any cable provided with anything I've purchased has gone bad...

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
A few unimaginative pics of my new HD setup. The player is so powerfully miniscule! Plays high bitrate 1080p mkv files without a single hiccup.

Last pic is clickable for full size.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
Decided to buy one just to try it out:

Heck, it works as a inline remote, so no loss.

eltoro507

> ahpadt
Car(s)
French shitbox

One of these, after driving the irc ppl mad with my questions :D
It's working like a dream, very happy with it & got a great deal too :)