The "New Toys" Thread

apple-magic-mouse.jpg

worst. mouse. ever.

We got a shipment of them to replace the mighty mice at class. I actually miss the old ones (I bring my revo with me every time, though, so I stop missing them after a second).

Only because they force it on us. Everybody hates them, though, even our mentor. I started a petition to install Windows 7 on the machines as dual boot, though. But at the pace this administration gets things done, I'll have graduated by then.

blackberry-8900-o2.jpg

Moved to a new BB for UMA testing, although I'll be bouncing back and forth between it and the E71 for a while as I test a few other things.

Last edited:
Best mouse
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/11/27/ms_trackball_explorer.jpg

Only because they force it on us. Everybody hates them, though, even our mentor. I started a petition to install Windows 7 on the machines as dual boot, though. But at the pace this administration gets things done, I'll have graduated by then.

it's for the good of the next generation, if it sucks already now when it's new what will it be like ten years down the road?

won't somebody think of the children! @@

I just bought some computer upgrades as well:

Mobo: MSI P55-GD80 LGA 1156.
CPU: Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield 2.8GHz.
RAM: Mushkin Blackline 4GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit.
HSF: ZALMAN CNPS9900 NT 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler.

Newegg also included some kit from Intel with a mousepad, shirt, water bottle, and Win7 RC and some other crap for free. I still need to decide if I'm going to upgrade the video card or not. The old stuff will be used in a HTPC build so I need to get a case and a video card for that now.

the rig looks hardcore, specs?
Nice system. waiting on specs.
I was gonna go i5, but i got an i7 system for similar price by getting the cpu @ microcenter. Saved me $90. I was saving for a car... i dont regret it but i certainly am hurting right now since a car would be nice...

Intel Core i7 920 @3.8ghz $200
Xigmatek Dark knight $50
ASRock X58 Extreme Mobo $170
6 gigs OCZ DDR3 1600 ram $140
Antec twelve hundred case $132
Sapphire ATi HD 5850 1gig @ 900/1200 $259
OCZ 780 watt modular $70 steal
OCZ Elixir keyboard. OCZ Eclipse mouse
Fanatec 911 Turbo S steering wheel.
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Samsung t220 22inch monitor.
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
640gig + 250gig 7200rpm sata hdds.
LG dvd burner.
CreAtive X-Fi Xtreme Music $45 (best soundcard p4p. true x-fi unlike extreme audio)

Last edited: