The "New Toys" Thread

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
They aren't that bad. Most netbooks have a dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom. Not gonna beat a top of the line Core 2 Duo but it's very usable.
All Atoms in netbooks are single core. Intel does not allow manufacturers to put the dual core into anything other than desktop PCs as it could start to cannibalize sales of the low end CULVs.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
to further complicate things, Intel's N270/N280 is actually a single core, but is treated by Windows as a dual core. I have no idea why, but that's how it is

Dann

Car(s)
VW Golf
Is the screen glass or plastic? When i had the HD1 the screen got scratched if you looked at it wrong.
Its a glass screen with a fancy anti smudge oliofobic coating :D

So congrats on buying a mobile screen then, Dann. :p
Well your totally right about that :p and the funny thing is, its just what I want from a mobile phone, one big screen for webbrowsing and videoplayback!

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
to further complicate things, Intel's N270/N280 is actually a single core, but is treated by Windows as a dual core. I have no idea why, but that's how it is
I think it has HyperThreading. I also think that they are 64-bit.

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
I'm Out of Space again, so I ordered the Western Digital 2TB "Green" (which is on sale at the moment), and a Vantec 2.0 Enclosure

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
I'm Out of Space again, so I ordered the Western Digital 2TB "Green" (which is on sale at the moment), and a Vantec 2.0 Enclosure

total hd space?

i only have 2x1,5Tb + 500gb + 250 + 4x40gb + 2x160gb :p

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
I think it has HyperThreading. I also think that they are 64-bit.
AFAIK none of the mobile atoms are 64-bit.

HyperThreading, introduced in the Pentium 4 era then abandoned until relatively recently, basically allows the processor to switch between two tasks very quickly. A true dual core can perform two tasks simultaneously. It is true that Windows treats a hyperthreaded processor as a dual core but at the hardware level it's a bit different.

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
total hd space?

i only have 2x1,5Tb + 500gb + 250 + 4x40gb + 2x160gb :p
With this drive, 5 TB. 2TB (this drive), 1TB external My book essential, 1Tb external my book home, 500gb my book home (old gen), 500 gb my book home, 160 gb internal laptop hdd. The problem I find is the pace at which you go through harddrives, fill up pretty quickly.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon

50% still from my new GoPro HD Hero Motorsport! :D The mounts are pretty strong, just you have to build them a bit to get the right angle as it doesn't really tilt and rotate as you'd expect. But sound is very good and the image is very good. Can't wait to fool around with 720p @ 60fps!

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
The side buttons on my venerable MX1000 mysteriously stopped working and a few weeks ago I picked up an MX1100, I remember someone here had recommended it to me earlier.

I like the feel much better than the Revolution, and I got it for $55 which is a nice bit off the $99 sticker price.

And here's the obligatory GIS pic:

h-p

Car(s)
Mazda 3

41?/month... 4 euros more than my previous 6M/512k cable. :)