The "New Toys" Thread

You sould have had it for like a month and make sure it would not break before you jailbroke it.....

-Atom 330 Dual core oc'd to 2GHz
-Nvidia ION (Geforce 9300M northbridge)
-4GB DDR2 800 RAMZ
-500GB Samsung HDD out of an old external.

Well, that's where I looked. One would assume it'd be in the Northbridge settings, most likely in the Performance sub-section with CPU clock speed and the like, but I saw no sign of it.

no BIOS updates available on the Zotac site??

I'll look around on google and see if I can find the solution to this.

If it does break, I'll restore it and 'Voila' warranty returns.

(Also know the staff in the phone shop who'll look after it for me if anything does go wrong )

But sometimes thay can't connect to the computer and restore and then you are screwed :|
Im just saying this because I have seen soooo many problems with the iPod Touch. The Touch I had before my Htc Hero I gave to my sister and thats being repaired right now. Or we hope it is being repaired :|

Got an Amazon Kindle for eksmas!

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

Do those LEDs plug into a wall outlet? I have a bunch I got from the left over Sony PS3 kiosk at work, but they are 12volt...and have no idea what I can plug them into. I believe they are the same attatchments that the LEDs on the front of my computer plug into the motherboard with.

Do those LEDs plug into a wall outlet? I have a bunch I got from the left over Sony PS3 kiosk at work, but they are 12volt...and have no idea what I can plug them into. I believe they are the same attatchments that the LEDs on the front of my computer plug into the motherboard with.

Computer power supply? That's 12v. I'm using a PSU to power a car stereo. I had to find one with enough amps on the 12v rail, but I'm sure you could take ths shittiest PSU you could find to power 'em. :p Or, run a cable from inside through an opening (like a liquid-cooling pass-through, or something) so they turn on when you turn on your computer.

Computer power supply? That's 12v. I'm using a PSU to power a car stereo. I had to find one with enough amps on the 12v rail, but I'm sure you could take ths shittiest PSU you could find to power 'em. :p Or, run a cable from inside through an opening (like a liquid-cooling pass-through, or something) so they turn on when you turn on your computer.

I am tempted to do that, but what do they attach to inside the computer? The only spots I know for them are on the motherboard.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hi/hills/2009/12/25/1225091651b.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hi/hills/2009/12/25/1225091651.jpg

This is what they look like. I am tempted to try and just split the wire and attact it to a plug for the wall just to see what happens.

Last edited:
Yes! The end of the LED strip is a plug which is very similar to the one posted above. My order came with a junction box where as many six strips and an AC adapter is plugged into. The adapter is 12v, 0.5A.

IMG_1947.jpg

Ah, well I just did some shoddy wiring and snipped the wires and tied them to a snipped plug and it worked. I am just going to go buy a push putton switch and then I will wire them altogether.

Unless I can find one of those junction boxes at radioshack that is.

no BIOS updates available on the Zotac site??

I'll look around on google and see if I can find the solution to this.

First thing I did after installing Windows was get the latest BIOS from Zotac. I googled a tiny bit, but since the default allocation was enough to play the 1080p Polar Special, I figured it'll probably be fine. I would still ike to know if you find out, though.

Got an Amazon Kindle for eksmas!

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

We have a fist gen Kindle, and although it doesn't get used a whole lot any more, we love it.

Kindle :cry: do want

I picked up a PS3 to go with my new Panasonic plasma. I wanted Burnout Paradise but couldn't find it so I went with NFS:Shift and so far I really like it.

http://img13.imageshack.**/img13/8411/10170042.jpg

An Xbox 360 Elite to replace my dying 2005 pro.
DSCF5479.jpg

I am disappointed at the fact there was no HDMI cable included in the box. The only A/V cable is a SD composite pictured below. Even my 2005 pro came with a HD composite cable. and I'm not a fan of the new mic with the controls along the cable.
DSCF5481.jpg

On the upside it's much quieter and I'm glad to see a smaller transformer pictured below.
DSCF5480.jpg

Right now I'm stuck with my old 20GB drive until I can get hold of a transfer kit.
And I STILL have no way of getting 5.1 sound to my speakers. :(

Actually it uses a pressure sensor that measures the oil pressure inside the hydraulic cylinder.
http://www.perfectpedal.com/whispepe.html

I hope you have a Bodnar box so you can get 1024 bits of resolution opposed to only 256 from the standard logitech setup..Trust me it makes a difference. Personally I would have bought ClubSport Pedals for a bit less or dished out and got custom CST pedals, but I hope you like them :)