The "New Toys" Thread

That's not bad at all. I've been looking at all kinds of stuff from HK lately on Ebay.

I'd also say that two weeks is about right, but it may wildly differ from country to country, depending on speed and thorougness of the country's customs office, as well as the customs' general attitude towards "low value gifts from Hong Kong".

True, i ordered mine the same day and it isnt here yet

Fried my WRT54G and currently using desktop for my wireless routing needs and its having lots of problems. Soooo after a lot of research into small business and home routers I have decided that they are all shit and won't be able to deal with what I will put them through (torrents are a killer on those things).
Due to the aforementioned fact I ordered a m1n1wall 2E 2D2 wireless ready custom router. It's a custom case with an Alix mother board running an AMD Geode CPU, 2 LAN ports (LAN and WAN), 2 USB and 2 miniPCI slots. This particular unit comes with a CF card with pfSense FreeBSD based firewall software installed. It doesn't come with wireless card or antennae, so I'm also getting one of these along with pigtails since I can just reuse the antennae I already have (I got some nice high gain ones for my WRT).

Hopefully this will be able to handle all the abuse I put my network through :p

091128-WD-MyBook-Studio-0032-Edit-1.jpg

Mybook Studio 2TB. Free courtesy of WD RMA department for sending me 2 dead drives in a row and generally wasting my time.

Last edited:
Sexy time:

23-126-053-S01

It's currently set up to slowly cycle through all of the colors of the rainbow for the key backlight. :D

Last edited:
I want one of those KeyChain camera also! :D Video quality is amazing considering the size of the thing. But where is the so called 30FPS :p How is the photo quality?