The "New Toys" Thread

How's the screen in sunlight? (obviously pretty much all screens are shit in sunlight, but still)

^ congrats on the new phone

have you rooted it yet?

No and looking at the process, it's filling me with dread. Untill there's a more elegant way, I think I'll stay clear.

No and looking at the process, it's filling me with dread. Untill there's a more elegant way, I think I'll stay clear.

Well, it's still a new phone so there isn't really any reason to do it yet. Theres not so many really good roms yet. But rooting an Android phone is a must!
Wait a month or so then there will be a really easy and safe way to do it and some great roms :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

But you properly already know everything about it :D

Quite everything. :p Been in touch with HTC and they say they won't be readding the "choose location from map" feature in the weather application, so that's suddenly become quite useless and I prefer the Nexus One's launcher to Sense, so I might just revert to a vanilla 2.1 rom when something usable gets out and then put beautiful widgets on it or something like that. We'll see how HTC will reply to my latest rant.

41cjF4%2B37WL.jpg

Got this puppy last week... My apartment is soo clean...

Certainly the most appealing 'droid to date. I'm intrigued to try Android but not enough to completely swap-out for it.

My new phone, a HTC Legend;

htc-legend-front-back-side.jpg

Lovin' android so far :)