The "New Toys" Thread

oh well... but isn't that a good thing? wouldn't you want the stuff to look like it was written on real paper?

oh well... but isn't that a good thing? wouldn't you want the stuff to look like it was written on real paper?

I have an Amazon Kindle and I can read it for hours just like it's real paper, but if I try to read something more than a few paragraphs on a LCD, it gives me headaches....which I don't understand, I can play games for hours on my computer just fine, but I just can't read something long on the same screen.

Needed mp3 in the S8, so got a Zune 8GB

en-US111_Zune_8GB_Blue_HVA-00030.png

32768399-2-440-OVR-1.gif

It even sends file info to the radio display!

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 V2

Yeah, the pictures are phone camera ones and were taken in a bit of a hurry. Made no effort to clean anything up - please do excuse me.

980_1.jpg

754_2.jpg

Initial Impressions: Holy shit it's sexy! I like the white border and the glossy piano black finish and it's sleek and Range Roverish. The mouse is a similar finish with white side buttons and a white border. Beats my Logitech Wave wireless keyboard - had to get rid of that because the mouse started PMSing and I couldn't adjust my hands to the ergonomic keyboard - those things aggravate RSI if used improperly.

Pros: Good battery life, beautiful to look at, keys are quiet but provide a reasonable amount of feedback and are easy to find. Plethora of media keys and functions, 30m 2.4 GHz range and Microsoft's BlueTrack technology which works on any surface except glass or mirrors - kinda useless but good to have, especially considering the price. Also, the blue light is cool. Nicely integrated with Windows 7, though some of the features are pretty redundant since the GUI provides a way that's almost as fast - however, knowing the features are present is good. The middle mouse button doesn't scroll in "clicks", but does so smoothly and extremely beautifully. Wrist rest is superb.

Cons: The chiclet-esque function and escape keys are too small for my taste and a bit hard to get used to, especially since they're a dramatic departure from the ones on my earlier one. The middle button on the mouse moves so many ways that clicking the middle button - something I do extremely often - can take often take up to one or two tries. I'm looking for a way to remedy this in the provided software. Function keys are not in clusters of 4 as on most keyboards but are equally spaced.

Overall: Love it, does take a bit of getting used to, beats my previous keyboard.

Last edited:
wdfScorpioBlue_BEVT-2.jpg

Pulled the Trigger on the Western Digital Scorpio Blue 750 GB Hard drive for my Laptop. It should be arriving in about a week.

It's huge upgrade over the 160 GB Hard drive I have right now.

Last edited:
Needed mp3 in the S8, so got a Zune 8GB

en-US111_Zune_8GB_Blue_HVA-00030.png

32768399-2-440-OVR-1.gif

Great choice! Welcome to the social. :thumbup:

It even sends file info to the radio display!

My new toy (literally):

Nice! I never kept my toy trains in good shape.

Here is the vid I promised:

Even DeShaker can't rescue a video on my Offroader ;)

Your blurry.

My last linksys wrt54-GL EU's wlan died and the lan dropped to half the speeds.

So i bought myselft a newer WRT320N
- 10/100/1000 Wan
- 4x 10/100/1000 lan
- (draft)N wlan, with dual band 2,4GHz and 5GHz

When i reserved it, it was 94 euros, but once i picked it up the clerk sayd that the price has dropped 6 euros!.
i ordered the device night between 13th and 14th of may and purchased it 14th.
So i payd 88,90 euros for it.

Only odd thing is that the "power" button is not on the device, but another plug between the device and its power adapter.

And here's craptastic pic of it!

At least it has one. With the WRT54 series you have to unplug the power and plug it back in to perform a reset.

Yep, and mine is slightly hard to reach, so every time I have to do a reset, I of course drop the cable and have to try and get it.

You guys reboot your routers? And on top of that do it manually? :blink:

Well, some routers (most of them actually...) are such pieces of crap that they crash so badly that you can't access the webinterface anymore...