The "New Toys" Thread

Netbooks are clunky and slow. But mine was sooooo worth the $250 price tag. It can do everything I actually need to do on a computer when I don't have immediate access to the desktop, and makes a decent media player in a pinch.

It's basically for internet, email, carting work to/from the office instead of the seemingly thousand memory sticks, reading e-books and getting me out of a pinch as I have no functioning computer of my own at present. I'm not expecting it to be all singing and dancing, but some people I know who have them were quite impressed with them (understanding that they do have limitations).

And yes fg, I am disappoint too. I figured at least one comment.............

I'll show you 10 inches of fun :wicked:

:p

Just got an HTC Desire... for my mom -.- Got to toy around with it for a day, damn it's a fine device. My Magic is nowhere near as fast, and the screen is just beautiful.

Also, my keychain cam arrived :) That thing is even smaller than I thought.

If I gave a HTC Desire to my mum she wouldn't know what to do with it. :p

If I gave a HTC Desire to my mum she wouldn't know what to do with it. :p

She doesn't... that's the worst part of it :) Generally, when my mom and some tech gadgets come together it usually ends in a catastrophe, shortly followed by me being summoned.

However, she actually wanted a smartphone after watching me using mine a lot to look up stuff on the go (3G ftw), and a Desire was the obvious choice, it being the newest one and having the largest screen (HD2 aside). So far, she has figured out how to make calls, manage contacts, and use the browser and mail client, and she actually likes it.

Surprisingly, my dad has managed to figure out his Hero pretty well, except once when he somehow managed to disable HTC Sense (not even sure how that is done, fixed with some Googling though).

She doesn't... that's the worst part of it :) Generally, when my mom and some tech gadgets come together it usually ends in a catastrophe, shortly followed by me being summoned.

However, she actually wanted a smartphone after watching me using mine a lot to look up stuff on the go (3G ftw), and a Desire was the obvious choice, it being the newest one and having the largest screen (HD2 aside). So far, she has figured out how to make calls, manage contacts, and use the browser and mail client, and she actually likes it.

Surprisingly, my dad has managed to figure out his Hero pretty well, except once when he somehow managed to disable HTC Sense (not even sure how that is done, fixed with some Googling though).

What's even wierder is how they complain when you move them back to featurephones and they can't figure things out

6080WA.jpg

Just picked up one of those keychain cameras everyone's been going on about. It makes for a half-decent and very cheap motorcycle-mount camera.

Edit: Video here.

Last edited:
Just picked up one of those keychain cameras everyone's been going on about. It makes for a half-decent and very cheap motorcycle-mount camera.

Edit: Video here.

May I ask which one you got? As your in NA and I can't recall anyone else who got them who live on the same continent.

I think I am going to put on on my goalie mask...and see how long that lasts..

She doesn't... that's the worst part of it :) Generally, when my mom and some tech gadgets come together it usually ends in a catastrophe, shortly followed by me being summoned.....

sry had to ask, but did she perform "summoning jutsu" ?

Click for more images:

^ Thank you for building a computer for me! :D

No seriously, thats one badass machine! :thumbup:

These sexy twins just showed up at my house:

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2010/05/20/sexytwins.jpg