The "New Toys" Thread

I bet they could cram a culv into something the size of the Dell Streak.

And then you'd need a fuel cell to power it for a day =P

And then you'd need a fuel cell to power it for a day =P

don't they make methane fuel cell powered laptops nowdays?

That's not a great advertisement for the camera in that phone :(

LOL yeah.....my photos are much better now, but I completely botched that shot.

Ordered a Samsung Galaxy S today...

and my tv broke. This is getting expensive.

New freebie from work:

v2000.jpg

What a beast, AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8GHz), ATI XPress 200M, 60GB IDE Hard Drive and 512MB of RAM which I just bumped to 1.5GB... The only good part might be the display, which is actually quite nice :)

Finally got myself a good soldering station. It's a Xytronic digital temperature controlled station, with a holder and brass-curl cleaner.

Well, I got my MBP for like $400+ less than retail, so....:p

But anyway, the VGA one I got off DX works fine at uni, and I just received the DVI one yesterday. Haven't tried it yet though.

Finally got myself a good soldering station. It's a Xytronic digital temperature controlled station, with a holder and brass-curl cleaner.

We only ever got to use the cheap wet sponge, brass curl sounds much better at cleaning off extra solder

I is jealus.

Nothing quiet like a good soldering station. I'm saving for a Hakko for when I get the time after uni to build amps again.

384k? Euch.

I think it will be fine (haven't got the phone yet), if it's not enough I can upgrade to 1M for 10?/month or unlimited for 14?/month.

Last edited:
My two LG Flatron E2250 22" 1920x1080 LED monitors have arrived. I like them a lot, although I'm not used to how wide it is having two wide-screen monitors next to each other. My old monitors were oldschool 4:3 monitors. Still, it is great to finally have matching dual monitors.
Here they are:

and here is a wider shot of them on my (messier than usual) desk, complete with laptop and cat:

Awesome fat cat...