The "New Toys" Thread

TL-WR1043ND.jpg

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND. Works better than my old Belkin of 4 years, that dropped out towards the end of its life. It's stable and is N wireless, which is always a postitive, even though my laptop only can get G.

Why not the E4200?

When did you buy it? Call Logitech and ask for a replacement if you still have warranty... Logitech has great customer service and a $200 keyboard really shouldn't even have the keys rubbed off in a few short years.

2005 originally. The shift-key never worked so I had it send back after a while - got a brand new keyboard back. Prolly no warranty left, and by complete random I managed to rip off a key from it today. Gonna try gluing together the locking mechanism but if that doesn't work then I need a replacement keykoard. :(

EDIT: WTF it's no longer being sold..

darth-vader-noooo.jpg

EDIT2: Key fixed. \o/

Last edited:
cyberjunkie! 'grats :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/05/07/kindle-3-front.jpg

Hooray Kindle!

8 million years later
Ummm you should contact Plantronics on that. I have these
And they last about 20 hours or so of continuous playback. By the looks of the other ones battery would likely be about the same size so I can't imagine yours lasting so little.

I have determined that this issue was either a) due to it being the first time I used them b) I hit one of the buttons on them that are for phones and screwed them up or something. I am up to about 4 hours now and it hasn't died, and the box says 7 hours and the reviews say around 5 most of the time, so they are ok.

edit: Ok they died, but I have figured out the issue. The ADAPTER died the headphones light is still on. So I assume if I plug these into something with actual bluetooth they will last a little longer.
Yes I managed to pair to computer and it is quite angry about it but still working.
:| They couldn't have mentioned the battery for charger and battery for headphones are not the same charge?

Last edited:
8 million years later

I have determined that this issue was either a) due to it being the first time I used them b) I hit one of the buttons on them that are for phones and screwed them up or something. I am up to about 4 hours now and it hasn't died, and the box says 7 hours and the reviews say around 5 most of the time, so they are ok.

edit: Ok they died, but I have figured out the issue. The ADAPTER died the headphones light is still on. So I assume if I plug these into something with actual bluetooth they will last a little longer.
Yes I managed to pair to computer and it is quite angry about it but still working.
:| They couldn't have mentioned the battery for charger and battery for headphones are not the same charge?
Assfaces! Got a request for you but only if its not much trouble, can you test if track controls work on an iPhone? I'm thinking of getting those for my iPhone but my old Plantronic's can't switch tracks on the iPhone for some strange reason.

Well I have an ipod touch so I can check if it works with that (that has bluetooth right?). My quick google of angry at pairing it to my computer mentioned something about working great with iphone and sounding crap with the computer (I would call it "dusty record") so that is something.

Well I have an ipod touch so I can check if it works with that (that has bluetooth right?). My quick google of angry at pairing it to my computer mentioned something about working great with iphone and sounding crap with the computer (I would call it "dusty record") so that is something.

Depends on the iPod I think 2nd gen on had it. I know they say its great for iPhone but who knows :p

Most likely my biggest impulse purchase ever - Asus PA246Q:

Xql6QQLZVUpt6sPb_500.jpg

It's still in the car, my only concern is that it doesn't clash too badly with my old monitor which is almost the exact opposite in terms of what the design is going for.

Depends on the iPod I think 2nd gen on had it. I know they say its great for iPhone but who knows :p

I checked and the controls work fine with my newish ipod touch. The reviews did say things about the button being cheesy though so watch out for that.

Most likely my biggest impulse purchase ever - Asus PA246Q:

Xql6QQLZVUpt6sPb_500.jpg

It's still in the car, my only concern is that it doesn't clash too badly with my old monitor which is almost the exact opposite in terms of what the design is going for.

A screen is a screen. The thing you should be worried about is how it will make your old screen look crap and inadequate and make you buy another one D:

EDIT: in fact, I hardly ever notice the bezel around my screens, so I don't really care about how it clashes.

Last edited:
I'm seriously OCD though, and these monitors are a world apart. The old one is a fashionable home-theater design with a shiny finish and chrome accent and the new one is a thick industrial design that makes no apologies about being big and is covered in ruler markings.

I wish I could just buy second one since the design is so distinctive on the Asus, but at $500 I'm not sure I can swing it. I'm sort of entertaining the idea though, because as I learned with this purchase if you want matching monitors you better buy them together.

Last edited:
We've had a kindle in the house for a few months, i've gotten used to my dad's kindle since i load his books and news for him. This is the second kindle in the house, <3 it.

The Kindle is my best tech purchase in quite a while, easy access to cheap books, and it is just so much more comfortable to use than a "real" book :)

the books i usually read are cheaper as paperbacks than they are for kindle... i don't get why everyone has one of those o_O

edit:
...and it is just so much more comfortable to use than a "real" book :)

erm... care to elaborate? :)

Last edited:
Ehh, some books are just too good to not own in book form, i'd rather have both, a nice hardback for relaxing on a couch to read or the same copy on the kindle for when i feel like it when im not at home

quick tip for kindle owners, alt+homerow is 1-9 + 0

Last edited: