The "New Toys" Thread

I bought a Michael Ballack Red replica germany jersey. Also, on a more technologically related note, I got a EVGA 7900gt KO superclocked, an EVGA sli x16 board, some thermal paste, a corsair nautilus 500 CPU watercooler, a thermaltake tidewater plus gpu watercooler and 2 western digital 250 GB harddrives.

Just found this thread, id thought id share my favourite toy. APart from this computer and its terrabytes of harddrives and 21 inch screen.

My laptop .. got it about a year and abit ago. So its pretty oldish now, cost $3200 AUD ($2,412.82 USD) when I got it then. Got it for uni so Battery Life was really important, had to be as light and small as possible (12inch screen about the size)

Unfortuantly they company we got it from only sold like two, so they reduced the things it had, and hardddrive space so more people bought it, so i can find the stats coz the website isnt online anymore. But this is basicly what it is. Sorry about the shocking picture im too lazy to take a photo with the diggy camera

ASUS W5
610%5Cimages%5Cproducts%5C1011%5C1011_m.jpg

Specifications

* Intel? Pentium? M-740 Processor 1.73GHz 2MB L2 533 MHz
* Memory : 2x 256MB DDRII-400Mhz uSo-Dimm / Max 2Gb
* Hard Drive : 100GB 4200RPM
* Optical Drive : DVD Dual Drive
* Graphics Card: Embedded Intel? 915GM VGA
* Video Memory : Up to 64Mb Shared VRAM
* Display: 12.1? WXGA Colour Shine Glare-Type LCD
* Camera : 1.3 MegaPixel CMOS Camera (Mounted in the top of the screen)
* Operating System: Microsoft? Windows? XP Professional Edition
* Battery:
3 Cell (Li-Ion) Standard
Up to 2.5 Hrs Battery Time
Up to 4 Hrs Charge Time
Heat Emissions 65Watt
* Battery:
6 Cell (Li-Ion) (Included in Box)
Up to 3.6 Hrs Battery Time
Up to 4 Hrs Charge Time
Heat Emissions 65Watts
Expansion Slot:
* PC Card Slot: 1x Type II PCMCIA 2.1 Compliant
Mini-PCI Slot: Wireless LAN Card Installed
* Expansion Ports:
1 x Microphone-in jack
1 x Headphone-out jack (SPDIF)
1x VGA port/Mini D-sub 15-pin for external monitor
1 x TV Out (S-Video composite)
3 x USB 2.0 ports
1x IEEE 1394 port
1 x RJ11 Modem jack for phone line
1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert
1 x Bluetooth Port
* Multi-card Reader : Built-in card reader: SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO
Sound :
* Built in Intel High Definition Audio with 3D Effect and Full Duplex
Built in Speaker
Built in Microphone
* Communication:
Wireless : Integrated Wireless 802.11g (Mini-PCI)
W-LAN Antenna : Antenna for 802.11b/g
Modem : 56Kbps v.92 MDC Fax Modem
LAN : Integrated 10/100 Base T PCI LAN
* Pointing Device:
Touchpad
Optical Mouse ( Included )
* Keyboard :
17.5mm ergonomic & 2.35mm travel (query key only) 83-keys with MS-Windows function keys
Dimensions: 29.8mm x 305mm x 220mm (HxWxD)
* Weight:
1.3Kgs
1.36Kgs Travel Weight
* Warranty:
2 Years Limited Global Warranty
1 Year Battery Pack Warranty

So came with 2 battery packs, bag, plus optical mouse :) and its White, people always think its an Apple coz its white. They are so racist :lol:

I like it use it all the time, sits next to my bed and plays tv shows and dvds into the tv and stereo. Gets the tv shows from this computers harddrive. SO yes its pretty awsome. Batteries combinded can last for 9 hours. or 7ish hours with wifi and bluetooth turned off.

Completely differant question but related to "toys" Ipod Nano max is 4gig? how long do you think untill there willbe a 8 or 10 gig Nano? Thats a nice size for me i think.

I remember hearing I guess about six months ago that Samsung had managed to double the capacity of their chips, so it should be easy enough for apple to double the nano's mem, being all they need are new chips. If they plan on doing it I imagine they would have them out for Christmas

B00009M6OE.03._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1084191899_.jpg

Just bought that to play Ultrastar... Had to do it because nobody answered my "recommend a usb mic" thread. Works really well, even though its pretty cheap!

Got this lot last week.

http://img90.imageshack.**/img90/7697/dscn3935nt1.jpg

Got that and another DS Lite and Mario Kart for my girlfriend for her birthday, which isn't actually for another couple of months.

We also went to the local shopping area and found ourselves playing the skill tester outside the cinema. My girlfriend is the queen of these machines and after 8 or so goes I came away with these.

http://img98.imageshack.**/img98/9149/dscn3936zb4.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/9191/dscn3937ek0.jpg

I did have 2 Lightning McQueens, but I gave one to a friends little boy.

You should have seen the kids watching her with glee as she passed toy after toy out of the machine to me just about every go and I danced around looking happy. When she finished all these kids jumped on to try and win something, and were just about crying as they got nothing everytime. :lol:

Also saw 2 Rolls Royce Phantoms and some other exotics there that day, one black and one kind of olive green, but sadly didn't get any pics.

I am currently surfing the net using a 32" LCD as my monitor. This thing is actually for work, but I uhhh had to give it a test drive to make sure it worked you know.

AUREON_Fun_Platine_L.jpg

Just got that one in the mail, was only 15 Euros. Not very High end or anything, but I needed a Sound card with digital outputs, since I'm gonna merge my 2 "Home cinemas" because of moving out of my old apartment...
So the 5.1 Sony/Quadral combo meets the 37" Toshiba and the PC...

At September 1st I'm probably gonna post pics of the newest "toy", which will be a new apartment together with the GF and 16Mbit Inet... ;-)

^ :thumbsup: nice, my cousin would prolly pass out if he saw that, he's such a Nintendo freak, he has a belt-buckle made of one of those controllers :lol:

^^AWESOME!!!!!!! I haven't seen one of them for about 12/13 years!

Certainly old skool but damn, that is awesome Overheat!

mgkdk said:
he has a belt-buckle made of one of those controllers :lol:

hahahahahhaa, a belt buckle? seriously? :lol:

Some guy at my school made one himself, looked damm cool, I tried making one out of a busted Xbox one controller... did NOT work lol.

Overheat said:
Here's my "new" toy :D

http://img239.imageshack.**/img239/2962/zebaypics087ba9.jpg

Got about 200 games with it too :)

Nice!! I hope that you got Zelda in the gold cartrige. I have just started looking for a good one...

Edit: I just noticed that you were in the UK, maybe a gold one wasn't released there. I also noticed that the console was different from mine: it says NES Version, ours didn't have that.

200 games - I wouldn't have thought that there were that many. I sold my Nintendo Entertainment System six or seven years ago because I realised that I solely was playing with the Playstation back then (which stands now in a box in the basement and isn't used any more because of the PS2 :) )