The "New Toys" Thread

Nice, I'm a big fan of those. This res is plenty for a 12" screen IMO

It's not the res at that screen size, I'm sure I'll be happy with that. It's the actual number of available pixels. Not sure how comfortable multitasking will be, but then again I don't plan on doing a whole lot of intensive working on it, so it's only a small concern.

It's not the res at that screen size, I'm sure I'll be happy with that. It's the actual number of available pixels. Not sure how comfortable multitasking will be, but then again I don't plan on doing a whole lot of intensive working on it, so it's only a small concern.

Ahh ok you are talking about the actual screen real estate, yes that will be somewhat tight.

Thinkpad is the best thing ever made. I wish I still had my T60.
Agreed, if I were to go Windows/Linux again it would be a ThinkPad.

Last edited:
Really wanted a small Android tablet, and just picked up one of these for a song:

samsung_galaxy_tab_2_70_.jpg

Now I need to start looking for good Android tablet apps. After dailying it for a few days its growing on me, but I do wish for a better display.

Last edited:

It'll be fine. I'm on 1024x600 on a 10" screen and this had been my main PC for pretty much 3 years. Yeah 720p and up is a bit pointless, but then again I use it for watching TV shows and net browsing....hardly need a big screen for 40 min shows every now and then...

Really wanted a small Android tablet, and just picked up one of these for a song:

samsung_galaxy_tab_2_70_.jpg

Now I need to start looking for good Android tablet apps. After dailying it for a few days its growing on me, but I do wish for a better display.

Curious, is that the 7"? Cause if so, why buy this and not the Google Nexus Tab? From what I understand, the Nexus kicks its ass in pretty much every category, including price. Only thing it's got going for it is an SD card slot...

Last edited by a moderator:
edit : double post... I temporarily broke the forums???

It'll be fine. I'm on 1024x600 on a 10" screen and this had been my main PC for pretty much 3 years. Yeah 720p and up is a bit pointless, but then again I use it for watching TV shows and net browsing....hardly need a big screen for 40 min shows every now and then...

My girlfriend's netbook has the same screen, and it's the worst computing experience in recent memory. My netbook is 720p and is far more usable, but still feels a bit cramped. Now I'm overthinking this, must leave it alone until the thing actually gets here.

Lies. You're censoring us all! :p

Well, it was nice knowing you...

My girlfriend's netbook has the same screen, and it's the worst computing experience in recent memory. My netbook is 720p and is far more usable, but still feels a bit cramped. Now I'm overthinking this, must leave it alone until the thing actually gets here.

I'm actually the opposite, since I've had my hands on a 7" Samsung my 10" netbook feels large, thick and heavy...
Smaller/more portable FTW I say.... depends on what you'll use it for though

bought Nokia tripod mount to my 808 pureview.

I'm actually the opposite, since I've had my hands on a 7" Samsung my 10" netbook feels large, thick and heavy...
Smaller/more portable FTW I say.... depends on what you'll use it for though

As I said, small and portable is why I bought it, I just want as many pixels as possible.

I got one of those Sony Smartwatches that was seen a few pages ago. Loving it so far. Also got some Logitech z506's for my b'day. Jesus Christ they sound amazing playing Battlefield 3.

For one of these, which I'm picking up in a few days.

Was supposed to today, but haven't heard from the store that ordered it yet. :(