The "New Toys" Thread

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Opposite for me: I demand full-length travel. I come from the OLD days of computing D:

Unless you have worked on an IBM System/370 with an MVS operating system, you are just another kid who grew up with playstations :p

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, Cadillac Fleetwood, VW Eos, Focus Wagon
He wasn't even around for the first gen Gameboy...

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I'm 7 years older than him and even my first computer was a 286 already with a normal keyboard. Maybe Mauritius is so much behind technologically they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

I have used the mechanical ones before and there is just no appeal for me. I prefer shorter travel, they're not more comfortable and I can't type just as fast, if not faster, on my Logitech Illuminated, cause I'm used to it so much.

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
I'm 7 years older than him and even my first computer was a 286 already with a normal keyboard. Maybe Mauritius is so much behind technologically they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

I'd tell you to not be an ass but that's who you are.

I have used the mechanical ones before and there is just no appeal for me. I prefer shorter travel, they're not more comfortable and I can't type just as fast, if not faster, on my Logitech Illuminated, cause I'm used to it so much.

It's a matter of taste though you wouldn't know taste if it hit you with a shovel in the face.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Yes, I wouldn't know what taste is about, that's why I used words like "prefer". Maybe you should go back to primary school and learn the definitions of basic words like that.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
T-Y-P-I-N-G

Bretton Woods

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
It was for me. The living room and the office behind it were on two different circuits. In the end, we added a grounded circuit that we use for the office computer and the HTPC/TV, so now it works.

jibduh

Car(s)
m?r?2?F?C?N?B?f?u?s?i?o?n?405 deMZ2

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
This exists? I had no idea.

It's quite a good solution if you can figure out the circuits. I've seen reports of regular 300mbps throughput, which isn't bad at all. Latency and packet retention is a lot better than wireless is, as well.