The "New Toys" Thread

I just wish you could upgrade memory and storage easily.

This also bums me out.

TBH I'm not that bothered by storage because I just use a NAS but I will have to get the old style MBP for the wife soon because hers is getting to be too slow. Problem is that she doesn't like using network storage and has enough pictures to have filled up a 320gig HDD she used to have in there. Meaning that anything with SSD is going to be an arm and a leg since it would have to be at least 512...

You're so cool, with your "real" computer-y work and all.

To be honest, the Mac is a really nice thing to bash out emails on. Perhaps most of my frustration stems from Microsoft refusing to properly develop the Office suite for Mac OS. I really don't want to have to shift the way I work each time I switch between a desktop and my notebook. It's back to a Thinkpad battlewagon until until Microsoft releases a better Mac OS solution.

In the meantime, I'm swapping the Macbook Air for a Surface Pro 3. Not really for the extra productivity, but for the extra shiny.

I like the mac's keyboard. Very good stuff imo

That's one of the worst compliments I've heard. In my head: "Your computer sucks!" - "Nah, it's great for email!" :lol:

Not sure I follow. I never said it was a bad machine.

Yeah, you're not helping :p

Did I mention that text is super sharp on the high resolution screen? A lot of people talk about needing a Retina standard display for the Air, and that's going to be even better!

I thought that Mac vs. PC argument died a long time ago here.

Nah! It's like GM vs. Ford or Boeing vs. Airbus. The brawl will ALWAYS pop up at some point...

:p