The "New Toys" Thread

Tadaaa! I now have a lava lamp.

IMG_3183.jpg

The bottom is kinda hot, I wonder if I should put a plank of wood under it, just in case...

i also have lava lamp, and it has been on for 2 times in the 6 years that i have had it :D
i just don't like those

ps. i got it from my cousin as a present :mad:

^ That's because lava lamps are for stoners... and for them, lava lamps can be very fun. :mrgreen:

I used to want one so badly when I was younger, but they always seemed way too expensive for what they are. I think this store that had them near me was about $80 for a medium one, back in the 90s.

I'd google on that 1080i over component thing, seems like a lot of players/televisions/cables are limited to that.

It's not an issue for me anyway. I was just using the components for my Xbox 360 while I was waiting for the HDMI cable to be delivered. I now get a pretty blue light to tell me it's doing Multi-Channel decoding as well.
It's the first time I've had surround sound with a games system. The explosions in Far Cry 2 now sound incredible and being able to hear where gun shots are coming from is brilliant.

And how much did that one cost?
Stonertoy indeed :) Warm, cosy and slow, everything you need.

Mine cost 10 Euro from Praktiker. :p

I've wanted one ever since I saw them in The Incredible Machine. I'm gonna take it to work and replace the more conventional lamp I have with it. By the way, pictures can't really don't do it justice... It's mesmerizing up close.

IMG_3200.jpg

Last edited:
I've got an old original Lava Lamp that my parents got me for christmas when I was very young. Don't use it near as much as I used to.

I've got a KISS lava lamp that was bought for me some years ago. It's #18 out of 10,000. It doesn't mean much in the real world, but I'm sure some KISS fanatic wouldn't mind paying a premium for it if I ever wanted to sell it.

I've got a KISS lava lamp that was bought for me some years ago. It's #18 out of 10,000. It doesn't mean much in the real world, but I'm sure some KISS fanatic wouldn't mind paying a premium for it if I ever wanted to sell it.

Do you have a Beethoven skateboard to go with it? Or maybe a Gandhi steak knife set? :p

99953_8-4-08-popcorn_hour_a-110.jpg

arrived yesterday, put a few 1080p blu ray movies and such on it as a tester so far and its works beautifully. 500gb hard drive in it at the moment so will have to work on filling it up now :)

^ So what exactly is it then?

Media tank...? :?

^^ basically a mini HTPC, plays anything

^ So what exactly is it then?

Media tank...? :?

as blayde says, its a network media tank, it'll play practically anything you throw at it, blu ray, mkv, avi, music, videos, the works. you can stream to it with a wireless adaptor or as i have done add a sata drive to it and store it all on there. It can download via torrents straight to the device too.

Don't forget to firmware it up, file copy and all that come on the latest patch.

aye put the latest firmware onto it as soon as i got it :)

aye, although i dont have anything that can utilise DTS at the moment which left me a tad confused as to why no sound on anything at first. Then realised it was trying to play the DTS soundtrack, a quick settings change later and all is well :D

I won't be getting the full potential out of it until I complete the move into the girlfriends house early next year and have my PC in the same place os I can wirelessly stream to it too. In the meantime I plan to get a 32gb pen drive so that I can just take things from my PC to there nice an easily :)

Do you have a Beethoven skateboard to go with it? Or maybe a Gandhi steak knife set? :p

You obviously know nothing of what KISS will happily slap their logo on just to make a buck. There are KISS themed coffins and condoms (I shit you not) to action figures and comic books and video games.

New Cans

New Cans

Took amazon almost 2 weeks to ship them but they're finally here.
Audio Technica ATH A700s. My first real set of headphones.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/m4/m4v1s/2008/11/17/PB170579.png
Things are massive but still very light and comfortable.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/m4/m4v1s/2008/11/17/PB170578.png
My phone for some scale.

I made a playlist of all my FLAC and havent paused since I got home from work @ 5.

Don't expect to hear much difference between FLAC and good MP3 on good headphones. ;)