The "New Toys" Thread

Got an Acer 21.5" 1920x1080 monitor yesterday. No pics but man high def makes you realize how shitty dvd-rips look.

EDIT: Got up off my lazy ass and found this tiny ass pic of it:

10111997.jpg

If you want to view the specs they are here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009157&Tpk=acer 21.5

Last edited:
that's a pretty high resolution for that size, damn. Also, I can't stand the 16:9 ratio for "working"-monitors. I get 1024 high on a standard 17 incher. Still nice, though :)

I bought this dongle to go with the headphones I posted two pages back, since my desktop doesn't have Bluetooth already.

GBU421_2.jpg

I never think to post anything I ever buy in this thread, but I was just browsing and figure I may as well contribute my latest purchase:
autopia_2030_3199633

...along with quite a few detailing products to replenish my supplies.

I've never realized how much the UDM looks exactly like a PC7424. Anyway, you should enjoy it, they do make things much easier. Curious though, about how much did that machine run you?

It is a porter cable...they just changed some parts and called it something else. Pretty sure..my friend as one and I have a porter cable. We can't tell the difference. (well they both work, i don't think we care enough to compare...polishers...)

I never think to post anything I ever buy in this thread, but I was just browsing and figure I may as well contribute my latest purchase:
autopia_2030_3199633

...along with quite a few detailing products to replenish my supplies.

If you need any polishes, waxes, misc products, let me know. I have a bunch that I'm trying to get rid of. I tried posting on Autopia but everyone there was a lowballer.

that's a pretty high resolution for that size, damn. Also, I can't stand the 16:9 ratio for "working"-monitors. I get 1024 high on a standard 17 incher. Still nice, though :)

I would normally feel the same way about the size. But for work with music, its actually quite good. And for $200 Canadian its the best deal I could find for my price range.

I've never realized how much the UDM looks exactly like a PC7424. Anyway, you should enjoy it, they do make things much easier. Curious though, about how much did that machine run you?
It's the Ultimate Detailing Machine by Porter Cable.
Of course I'll enjoy it :)
The polisher and pads together is $199, before the 30% off that I got.
It is a porter cable...they just changed some parts and called it something else. Pretty sure..my friend as one and I have a porter cable. We can't tell the difference. (well they both work, i don't think we care enough to compare...polishers...)
The UDM has a few advantages, like a 4.2AMP motor vs 3.7 on the PC. From what I gathered, the head is also a little better design with less vibration, but I've only used a PC to date, so I can't give any personal feedback on that. I had a nice link that compared them, pretty sure it was on autogeek.net, but I can't come up with it right now.
If you need any polishes, waxes, misc products, let me know. I have a bunch that I'm trying to get rid of. I tried posting on Autopia but everyone there was a lowballer.
I'm pretty well stocked, but what do you use for products?

New Toys in preparation for new computer build.

24-009-145-16.jpg

2 of these Acer X223Wbd 22" monitors.

17-182-032-27.jpg

Rosewill RP600V2-S-SL 600watt PSU for new build.

22-136-151-01.jpg

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green (newegg selling for $100 so I just snagged one)

8671494_sa.jpg

Razer Lacosa Gaming Keyboard (black friday sale)

I also bought a new glass L-shaped desk and some filing cabinets but that is boring.

I finally caved, and ordered one of these puppies :

Creative-Zen-Mosaic.jpg

I'll finally have a proper MP3 player instead of some free piece of crap with 500 megs of space and a tiny 1x1 inch screen! Joy!

^ Very nice and neat :). What size did that one come in, and are the keys a sort of soft rubber, or plastic?

linky

keys are plastic, kinda hard. I got the 8 GB version, plenty for me.
Several things I like about this thing

- it has a built in speaker so you can use it everywhere, even without headphones
- has FM radio (and to a lesser extent, voice recording)
- I had a sweet deal that included a carrying case (scratches on MP3 players FTL) and headset
- price

People who listen to built-in speakers in mp3-players and mobile phones are to be shot. In the kneecaps first if they do it in public places.

^well it would be mainly to be used for background music for a garden party/BBQ type thing. That and maybe if you want to watch a video or something with 2 people.
I have a set of those "plug in" speakers I use now, but since they use seperate batteries it's annoying because they run out pretty quick. Besides, the quality is shit unless you listen to them on a "serious" speaker anyways.

I'm not that guy, who forces "his" type of music down everyones throat in public places.

Newest addition to my set up.

I know the beige dvd drive is ugly... I'm gonna swap it with my bro's black one soon.

http://img233.imageshack.**/img233/9748/img4339kv4.jpg

This is so quiet, it's like night and day from my old case.
http://img505.imageshack.**/img505/9779/img4332cm1.jpg