The "New Toys" Thread

Lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack that killed it for me because I was going to get one unlocked a few months back. I love my 8900 very fast on EDGE :)

^jesus, do you have a little tree that grows money or what? Can I buy some seeds please?

lol I wish I have a money tree :mrgreen:

Actually I'm not that rich, even if it appears to be :p

Well I got me this today

blackberry-curve-89001.jpg

Still getting use to the whole qwerty thing on a phone but I know I will

ZM-STG1_04_m(0).jpg

It's no ordinary thermal grease, it's SUPER thermal grease!

My videocard was running a little hot. 80 degrees at idle, up to 125 at load, when it gave up and said it didn't want to do 3D anymore. I was tempted to spray it with water to see if it would evaporate before it shorts something out.

After this, it holds 53 at idle and 63 under load.

The old thermal grease had gummed up (card is 4 years old). Is this normal? Should I also grease up my CPU while I'm at it? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know why, but this actually looks useful for your phone....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875999338

I looked at the one for the 8900 but since I am moving to a new desk on Monday [I started my job on Tuesday and they have already sent me out on a contract... so I technically have 4 days of experience in the field lol] I'm not sure what things will be like. I have a USB and wall charger, one will stay at home and one will likely stay at the office.

Xero what OS are you running?

Currently I'm on .231 and it's been solid on the 8900. Also a suggestion download the BOLT Browser Beta it's faster than the standard Blackberry browser on WIFI it waxed my iTouch's speed on the same wifi signal loading finalgear.com. It's also fast on EDGE, but just to give you an idea. :)

Last edited:
Xero what OS are you running?

Currently I'm on .231 and it's been solid on the 8900. Also a suggestion download the BOLT Browser Beta it's faster than the standard Blackberry browser on WIFI it waxed my iTouch's speed on the same wifi signal loading finalgear.com. It's also fast on EDGE, but just to give you an idea. :)

.94 currently, I just got it last night lol

And I'll look into that browser, I have unlimited data for the first month so I am going to abuse the shit out of it lol

The Blackberry OS's have improve a lot over time check out crackberry.com and see for yourself. I've updated mine from the original tmobile os to the newer one.

The Blackberry OS's have improve a lot over time check out crackberry.com and see for yourself. I've updated mine from the original tmobile os to the newer one.

.231 is being loaded now lol

Looks neat, how accurate is the prediction? And does it have a temperature sensor?
Its inside the house and since the AC is usually on most of the day the temp will be cool, but it changed to green earlier D:

It's got a temp sensor and radio controlled clock...so its quite accurate.

I got another that I've yet to install/setup, it has a separate device to gather weather data :)