The "New Toys" Thread

The Blackberry OS's have improve a lot over time check out crackberry.com and see for yourself. I've updated mine from the original tmobile os to the newer one.

Are you talking about the 8320 or the Pearls? Going to check this out myself. :)

[edit]
Hrm, I'm on 4.5.0.81 and the new one is 4.5.0.124.. hrm.. Wonder if its worth it. Still dislike the memory leaks on the phone. Oh well, best phone I've had yet :)

Last edited:
Fellow Aussies, which company currently offers the best blackberry/Internet + Mobile cap plan?

Ideally, I don't want to spend more than $49 per month.

Are you talking about the 8320 or the Pearls? Going to check this out myself. :)

[edit]
Hrm, I'm on 4.5.0.81 and the new one is 4.5.0.124.. hrm.. Wonder if its worth it. Still dislike the memory leaks on the phone. Oh well, best phone I've had yet :)

Curve 8900. I think we need a Finalgear Blackberry Thread if everyone is in favor I'll start.

The memory leaks so far on my 8900 have been non existent it's a solid little phone that chugs along on EDGE + WIFI/UMA (if available).

Last edited:
Curve 8900. I think we need a Finalgear Blackberry Thread if everyone is in favor I'll start.

The memory leaks so far on my 8900 have been non existent it's a solid little phone that chugs along on EDGE + WIFI/UMA (if available).

What apps do you have [other than the fairly standard facebook/msn/yahoo/etc]? I'm fairly impressed with how good Vlingo works

Fellow Aussies, which company currently offers the best blackberry/Internet + Mobile cap plan?

Ideally, I don't want to spend more than $49 per month.

got an ABN or able to get one?? and which blackberry do you want storm or bold?

No ABN, but the Bold looks tempting.

bold $79 a month thru optus - gives you the phone and $300 worth of calls and unlimited blackberry email and internet cheapest ur gonna get it, but you will need a ABN number or find a retailer dodgy enough to apply a phantom ABN to the account

looks pretty expensive... how much did it cost you?

130 ?/180 USD (shipping & insurance included)

Not too expensive for what you get and its exclusivity. A pair of Bikkembergs can cost you twice as much. I got a pair as a present and I was shocked when I found out its price :S

Like all brand whore items, too much.

Says the man who has had a big, huge Mitsubishi logo as his avatar for ages. ;)

Well, I agree with you about Nike stuff, but there's a little brand whore inside all of us so it's okay.

My new amplifier:

frontshot5_300x204_20comp.jpg

Absolutely brilliant sounding thing. Got it hooked up with my Sennheiser IE8 and iRiver H332 atm.

Last edited: