The "New Toys" Thread

Just bought this:

Touch_Diamond_People.jpg

Are HTC phones exclusive to Telstra in Australia?

I don't think so. There are versions tailored to telstra, but you can buy them unlocked normally.

Linky

muwahahahahahaha.. finally got my hands on the N97 : )

n97-black.jpg

This will be my second Nokia N phone of the year, the N95-8Gb : )

nokia-n95-8gb-combo.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, kind of annoyed that it hasn't got here today.

Dying to get my hands on it.

Just purchased online a Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Pro with the mouse. A$99. Bargain!

Just arrived today. Hawt damn, this keyboard is SOOOOO comfy and the mouse is bloody brilliant. Best $99 I've ever spent on electronics, easily.

Ordered a new pc. It's just going to be used for movies, mp3's and photoshop. No gaming what so ever.

Cooler Master Gladiator 600 cabinet
Corsair 550w powersupply black atx/eps
Intel core 2 duo 3,16ghz cpu
Msi p45 neo-f motherboard
Corsair twin2x pc6400 DDR2 ram (8gb)
Sapphire radeon 4550 heatsink 512mb DDR3 gfx
Western Digital 500gb greenpower (x2)
Samsung sh-s223b cd/dvd
Vista home premium 64 bit with free windows 7 upgrade

Nothing special, but will work very well for me & my use. Upgrading from an anchient pentium4 3ghz machine with 2gb ram and a radeon x1600 gfx card :lol: My old portable HP dv7 1095eo with a 2,5ghz dual core cpu was fast enough for me so I'm really looking forward to trying out the new pc :)

Attachments

• 483003.jpg
    483003.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 63
if your old notebook was quick enough, why do you buy a new one? :)
looks like a nice rig, 8 gig of ram should be enough for those A0 300dpi photoshop images :p

if your old notebook was quick enough, why do you buy a new one? :)
looks like a nice rig, 8 gig of ram should be enough for those A0 300dpi photoshop images :p

I sold the DV7 because it was an unreliable piece of shit with a crappy screen that made me want to throw it into a wall every time I used it :mad: :D

I got my 3GS yesterday, after the fuckers handed the unit that was being held for me to somebody else last week...

Also I just ordered this:
syncmaster-2494hs.jpg

24"er Samsung, VERY cheap, IMHO (190 Euros...) 16:9
I will move to a new apartment in September, where my HTPC setup isn't that perfect, plus I want a 2 PCs, and not just the media PC for everything...

MNT-W2343T-PF.jpg

LG W2343T
23'
FULL HD

Is niiiiice

Yaaay!!! ^_^

I've got Its bigger brother (The 24' one) and it is great. But it took me a little bit more than I expected to finde where the F***ing buttons were! :lol:

Got a xfx 4890 xxx for 30 euro's, my old 3870x2 broke under warranty and since they don't make them anymore I could get a 4870 instead, but I decided to spend another 30 euro's for the 4890. Very happy with that decision :D

XFX_4890.png

Although tardy, here are some pictures of my sleeper Gateway PC
Specs:
Shite BTX mobo w/ P4HT @ 3.4Ghz
2 GB RAM
320GB HDD
And the Garret twin turbo on a lawnmower thing: 1GB BFG 250GTS OC

We had to mod my computer quite a bit. We hacked the heatsink on the CPU and added a fan to it. Desoldered the PS/2 ports and popped those suckers out and attached my old single slot bracket from my 7800GT to the new card. And we added blue LEDs in the front grill so it'd be JDM tyte, yo.

Apple sticker for even more sleeper-ness and being non-conformist, man.
IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

No more PS2 ports:

IMG_0021.jpg

And my home theater set up with a Samsung LN46B650, Panasonic SA-PT770 and a PS3.

IMG_0020.jpg

^I've had to revert back to the stock 6.1 ROM as the 6.5 ROM I was running completely screwed up my appointment times when syncing with outlook.

Even then, the stock 6.1 ROM on the Diamond is pretty neat.

Can't you sync the appointments wireless? Outlook sync has always given me trouble with almost every phone so far... wireless sync with the google cal works great!

Went and bought the Mothership set in vinyl earlier.

Led_Zeppelin_-_Mothership_LP.png

Initials impressions are very nice sound quality, it had better be for brand new vinyl, but so far I've noticed a couple shortcomings. They're noticeably more quiet than other records I have; normally the loudest I turn up my system is 45, perhaps 50 for a real good mood- right now I've got these playing at 55 and it's just slightly louder than I'd consider normal listening level. A second thing I noticed is once my turntable gets to the end of the record the groove isn't cut far enough to the center of the record to activate the automatic tonearm return. That is quite annoying.

I'll have more thoughts later as I play the rest of the set throughout the night.

Vinyl geeks? You guys should just be happy that the marketing dept. is willing to charge you extra.:p

Can't you sync the appointments wireless? Outlook sync has always given me trouble with almost every phone so far... wireless sync with the google cal works great!
I'm using the latest Outlook, latest ActiveSync and have no problems connecting and synching. You have to make sure to disable advanced network functionality, otherwise it keeps messing up ActiveSync upon disconnect and you have to reboot everything to reconnect it.

That said, I took delivery of the Ratpadz XT this morning. :) Took 8 days from USA.