The "New Toys" Thread

I like to think that if I write boldly enough somebody will hear me.

Coolface.png

I do hope that SanDisc will update the Clip in the near future. I'd happily spend >100$ on a 16GB version with MicroSD slot, 30+ hours of battery life and roughly the same form factor.

HEAR ME SANDISK? DO IT!

+freakin1

I wouldn't mind if they had to make it a bit bigger, but the MicroSD and big battery are must haves. I suppose I could just get the Fuze, but the Clip is so nice and tiny.

+freakin1

I wouldn't mind if they had to make it a bit bigger, but the MicroSD and big battery are must haves. I suppose I could just get the Fuze, but the Clip is so nice and tiny.

Yeah, I was thinking about the Fuze as well. But the Clip gets always praised for it's remarkable sound quality and I don't hear that about the Fuze.

I had the Fuze for a very short time, sadly I didn't had the ability to use it with proper headphones. But the UI and screen was ghastly tbh.

The Fuze's UI is just the e200 series UI with different design. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it now. The Clip's UI is identical to the Express's, and I borrowed one from a friend a while ago. It's clean and simple, and I do like that. The Express is less comfortable to use though

Last edited:
Got the 50mm f1.8D lens and I'm loving it.

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/6327/nikkor50mmf142.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking about the Fuze as well. But the Clip gets always praised for it's remarkable sound quality and I don't hear that about the Fuze.

I had the Fuze for a very short time, sadly I didn't had the ability to use it with proper headphones. But the UI and screen was ghastly tbh.

AFAIK, the Fuze and Clip have the same audio hardware, and therefor same audio quality. But you're very much right about the UI and screen.

western-digital-my-book-external-hard-drives.jpg

Finally got an external hard drive to backup all my stuff. 1 TB :thumbup:

Purchased a Antec Three Hundred to replace my beige case that came with the Piii 500mhz when they were the latest chip out.

Having a Dual core E8500 in a shit case wasn't right! Plus airflow sucked balls.

300_front_top_q.jpg

I have that one too. I quite like mine :)

Last edited:
AFAIK, the Fuze and Clip have the same audio hardware, and therefor same audio quality. But you're very much right about the UI and screen.

Well, at least you can get line-out on the Fuze.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/labcoatguy/2009/07/28/netbook.jpg
Just arrived today from eBay, this is the original Netbook, a Psion Netbook Pro; these guys tried to hold onto the trademark for the term "netbook" even after they'd discontinued the damn things, until they gave up recently. This thing is basically an iPaq on growth hormone; it has Windows CE.net 4.2, an XScale 400 MHz processor, and hopefully a longer battery life than those bricks. Separate SD, CF, and PC card slots, plus a touch screen. Nifty thing about that power indicator is that it displays the exact power draw at the moment, so I can see exactly how many milliamps my thirsty wireless card is drawing.

Neat, I tried to buy one of those but they were stupidly expensive when I looked on eBay, how much did you pay for yours?

They used to be stupidly expensive; when I last looked about a year ago, they were in the multiple hundreds of dollars, but I got this for $97 shipped.

That's a correct price, I might even be tempted! But I need to be tough and stop buying things I don't need just because they are cool (well, in a nerdy sort of way :-D)!

That's a correct price, I might even be tempted! But I need to be tough and stop buying things I don't need just because they are cool (well, in a nerdy sort of way :-D)!

Don't remind me, I've blown way too much money on ancient computing relics. At one point, I had the original Powerbook 100, an IBM P70 lunchbox computer, an HP Omnibook 425 with the pop-out mouse, the very flammable Dell 325SLi subnotebook, an IBM Workpad z50, and an AT&T Globalyst 250 with a reversible display. I got bored of them once I realized just how slow they are with even the most basic tasks, so you might have to go through the experience yourself before realizing that you shouldn't buy them.

Don't remind me, I've blown way too much money on ancient computing relics. At one point, I had the original Powerbook 100, an IBM P70 lunchbox computer, an HP Omnibook 425 with the pop-out mouse, the very flammable Dell 325SLi subnotebook, an IBM Workpad z50, and an AT&T Globalyst 250 with a reversible display. I got bored of them once I realized just how slow they are with even the most basic tasks, so you might have to go through the experience yourself before realizing that you shouldn't buy them.

http://mo5.com/collection/index.php?pseudo=killpanda
Here's my collection, I did an exposition with most of the Macs and Newton a few months ago :-D

Thing is, I don't know what I'll do with them if I move to Per? as planned :-D