The "New Toys" Thread

Gee, maybe he has another computer too?

Call me crazy, and I know some most all of you do, but I have never bought me a keyboard or mouse unless I was getting a whole new system. I have never broken any keyboard or mouse

besides, the differences between them are tiny, I see no point in buying a new one

DSC03198.JPG

Suddenly, DiRT 2 became much more interesting.

DSC03198.JPG

Suddenly, DiRT 2 became much more interesting.

Meh, you should have got a DFP for a little more. I actually had one of those MOMOs and sold it to get a DFP and never looked back.

Call me crazy, and I know some most all of you do, but I have never bought me a keyboard or mouse unless I was getting a whole new system. I have never broken any keyboard or mouse

Bah, that just means you aren't trying hard enough.

I've worn mice buttons out, I've worn keyboards out. (Specifically wore out my CTRL key on my MS Natural from playing UT2K4, wore out my left mouse button, exceeded the MTBF in clicks).

Plus most of the stuff they give away with a new computer is cheap garbage. Give me IBM Model Ms :) 25 year old keyboards that still work. The stuff they put out today is all low-travel rubber-dome keyswitch garbage. Some people like the alps mechanical switches (DASkeyboard, etc.) but I like the buckling springs, noisy as they are. They still sell new ones here:

Keyboards and mice today are just made to be cheap they're no more important than the power cords or the styrofoam in the box to these companies.

Last edited:
^ I really wan that keyboard. I don't have a desktop. Still want it.

whoa dunno if i can say this in here but those pictures were very nicely taken o_O

Of course you can't say that in here - a permanent ban is forthcoming.

Here be nice pictures (all except the ones posted by me).

boo @ you peoples with 40"+ TVs. I was in the store today and the amount of WANT was off the scale for one.
Also 50" Tvs are ludicrously large, so big infact that I can't put it anywhere. Still WANT one

I have 2 50" Plasmas. One is in the main living area and the other is in my game room. It is just a bedroom with out a bed(about 11' x 12'), so you can put one of these monsters anywhere.

I though about attaching a third tv(40") to the ceiling in my bedroom. But the thought of it falling on me is rather scary.

^have I mentioned how much I hate you?
Also, you don't seem to grasp how small my house is. A Hummer would be bigger. And hanging it on the wall isn't an option either...

Just came home with this in hand:

passport-views.thumbnail.jpg

250 GB so now I can finally watch something in HD over the size of 4 GB. \o/

FYI: You can convert a FAT32 drive to NTFS without formatting it. ;)

Nothing wrong with laptop keys, I love my diNovo Edge and it has the same type of keys it looks like.

Mind you, I'm not one of those who are a fan of olde style clicky keyboards, if you are you might not like these low-profile keys. But they only look like laptop keys, the tactile feedback is a lot nicer than most if not all laptops.

FYI: You can convert a FAT32 drive to NTFS without formatting it. ;)

That I am aware of, but the only storage facility large enough for proper 1080p movies was my CF card and my camera needs fat32. :/

EDIT: Viper: It's the Logitech Illuminated. Keys are backlit and the design is superb. The thing I like the most, though, is that the insert key is moved and the delete key is enlarged to take its place as well. Great typing feeling too.

LogitechIlluminatedKeyboard02.png

I'd actually prefer to know the exif of that keyboard photo. :D

Last edited:
that's... awesome

I played with one at Staples and it really does have a great feel, even better than the S510.

I got my first iPod Touch. It is actually my first Apple product...I both love and hate the damn thing! I spent nearly 10 years using Creative products and I am used to the user friendly/functional balance that Creative has.
So about the iPod Touch:

Love it for the touchscreen, music library organization and technical specifications.

Hate it because Apple made it. No, actually that's not right. They made a brilliant product and then they crippled it! Terrible functionality! Things that are considered by many people as day-to-day usual stuff, were made impossible on the Touch just because Apple decided that way. And if you want one of those, you have to cough more $$$ to Apple...

After several days of rumbling through forums and guides, I've finally managed to get it to work the way I want it to....and now I've ran out of space. SD card slot - HELLOOOO??? Samsung had it on their SL45 phone back in 2001!!! Is it that much to ask? I mean - how hard can it be?
(I know the answer - it's not hard, it's just that Apple are a bunch of greedy bastards, even greedier than Microsoft)

/flame off

Last edited:
They made a brilliant product and then they crippled it! Terrible functionality! Things that are considered by many people as day-to-day usual stuff, were made impossible on the Touch just because Apple decided that way. And if you want one of those, you have to cough more $$$ to Apple...

After several days of rumbling through forums and guides, I've finally managed to get it to work the way I want it to....and now I've ran out of space. SD card slot - HELLOOOO??? Samsung had it on their SL45 phone back in 2001!!! Is it that much to ask? I mean - how hard can it be?
(I know the answer - it's not hard, it's just that Apple are a bunch of greedy bastards, even greedier than Microsoft)

/flame off

Quoted for posterity.

/flame off

Are you kidding? They won't even make the battery user-accessible. You want an SD slot?

Keep an eye on the 3rd party underground market. For example, you can upgrade your 5th gen iPod classic to 240GB aftermarket... Something similar may emerge for the iPod touch as technology marches forward.