The "New Toys" Thread

They won't even make the battery user-accessible. You want an SD slot?

You know what drives me up the fucking wall... how all these news Macs now have SD card slots and how every review mentions this as a big feature without mentioning other computers have had SD card slots since at least 2003.

I thought it was bad enough they withheld all that technology from the iPhone and iPhone 3G just to add them to the subsequent iPhone model. This is just so much worse... they couldn't have added SD card slots to their computers any earlier than 2009?

Also funny that macs are supposed to be so wonderful for photo/graphic work, but don't have a CF reader.

Whoa! I didn't know they didn't have card readers. Apple, you are retarded!

Oooh look at all the new items I have purchased in the last month or two.

Oooh look at all the new items I have purchased in the last month or two.

New double pillow-top mattress:

Crappy 200tc sheets until' I look into 1200tc? :blink:

"Mmmm, a gift from me!"

Yay, I didn't have to leave the apartment for wire!

Size comparison of Fridge vs. Stove vs. Speakers:

It will easily wake the neighbors if I feel like getting evicted:

Picture taken after I filled a smaller convenient travel bottle:

Needed new work shoes already: Composite foot and non-conductive

Can't wait to get home and play with the dresser and work boots..

I got my first iPod Touch. It is actually my first Apple product...I both love and hate the damn thing! I spent nearly 10 years using Creative products and I am used to the user friendly/functional balance that Creative has.
So about the iPod Touch:

Love it for the touchscreen, music library organization and technical specifications.

Hate it because Apple made it. No, actually that's not right. They made a brilliant product and then they crippled it! Terrible functionality! Things that are considered by many people as day-to-day usual stuff, were made impossible on the Touch just because Apple decided that way. And if you want one of those, you have to cough more $$$ to Apple...

After several days of rumbling through forums and guides, I've finally managed to get it to work the way I want it to....and now I've ran out of space. SD card slot - HELLOOOO??? Samsung had it on their SL45 phone back in 2001!!! Is it that much to ask? I mean - how hard can it be?
(I know the answer - it's not hard, it's just that Apple are a bunch of greedy bastards, even greedier than Microsoft)

/flame off

So it's Apple fault that you didn't buy a model with big enough memory? Great.

Well, I'm sorry, but I'm a PC guy. I like to modify and upgrade things. If Apple's idea to not put a card slot was so great, how come digital camera manufacturers don't follow the same path? Or other phone manufacturers for that matter?

^Because they can still sell you on "MORE MEGAPIXULS!!!" to get you to upgrade every two years.

Oh looks! 1000 MEGAPIXULS! And zhe lens is 1 millimetus wides! Its must be zhe best camera in zhe wurld!

:lol:

Im beginning to hate explaining people why megapixels doesn't matter :?

Im beginning to hate explaining people why megapixels doesn't matter :?

Same thing with bedding thread count. The threadcount doesn't mean shit if it's crap cotton woven badly. I'll take a well-made 210 thread count percale sheet set over any of the 1000tc sateens you find online for $60.

Terrible functionality! Things that are considered by many people as day-to-day usual stuff, were made impossible on the Touch just because Apple decided that way. And if you want one of those, you have to cough more $$$ to Apple...

Just curious: what day-to-day functionality are you talking about? I'm not a fan of apple, but I have to say it is impressive how many things you can do with an ipod touch. It's kind of ridiculous how many apps there are, though you do have to pay extra for many of them, but there are a ton of good free apps too.

Last edited:
Listening to the radio might be one.

Listening to the radio might be one.

That's true, though there are many internet radio apps (with FM/AM stations too) as long as you have access to wifi.

I had an FM tuner on my old Creative Zen, but the reception was pretty bad, even though I live close to many of the stations. It would cut out if I didn't hold the headphone cord a certain way :( I pretty much had to lay in one spot without moving, so it wouldn't work well for jogging or anything like that.

Last edited:
Let's see: FM radio is a small problem, but still why not have one?
- Proper bluetooth. (Oh noez, I may transfer files with my friends...That's communism thereofre it's bad)
- camera (really? Is it that hard to put a crappy 1.3mpx? It won't take good pictures, but at least it will shut people's (mine included) mouths)
- storing personal files -DOC,PDF,XLS. (Okay, I get it - if you want to open and edit, you have to buy the app. But why can't I simply use it for a storage device to transport files from one place to another? Or to attach to e-mails?)
- access to battery - why not?

That's about it for now...My biggest gripe is this - I paid for 8gb of storage power, I want to use it in the way that I want, not the way that Apple wants me to!

Last edited:
Oh, shit, say it ain't so! You telling me the Oscars are also political? OH FUCK OFF!!! :'(