The "New Toys" Thread

There are a lot of people out there that wish they could afford Apple products, and bitching is their way of letting off steam.

well not really, but I'll let you believe that if you must.
For most people Apple is awesome just because of the name. To me, it isn't.
Reading all that Touch stuff HighVoltage wrote makes me want one even less...

My mp3 player has 4GB+2GB and I haven't filled it up yet. Some of us have more particular tastes than others. For instance, I like 2 Metallica songs, so I'll have those 2 songs, not the whole albums or the entire discography. I keep deleting songs from my collection too when I get bored with them.

this. Massively. I have 8 GB and hardly use all of it at the same time. Who loads up their player and listens to EVERYTHING? You can't even do it all on one battery charge, so when you plug it into the USB you may as well add music to it

I'm the exact same way. I'd rather have 100 songs I really like than thousands of songs that are just ok.

Genius makes having lots of songs awesome

The initial price has nothing to do with it, you can't swing the monthly.

But I can swing a bat, in your vicinity. Don't be a prick, you only help solidify the image of Apple as a brand for desperate poseurs and image whores.

I had a MacBook Pro and I held onto it until it broke down, so rest assured, I can afford any Apple product I want to own, there's just not many thankfully.

But I can swing a bat, in your vicinity. Don't be a prick, you only help solidify the image of Apple as a brand for desperate poseurs and image whores.

:lol:

I had a MacBook Pro and I held onto it until it broke down, so rest assured, I can afford any Apple product I want to own, there's just not many thankfully.

b-b-b-b-but, Macs never break, right? At least that's what my Mac fanboy friends always tell me.......

I like that the people who say people only buy apple products because they say apple always say they wouldn't buy anything that says apple on it just because it says apple. :p
Both sides are just as bad. I also have a good analogy. BMW, lots of people will buy anything with a BMW badge but some people do in fact buy them for being good cars.

Here's where your analogy fails. There are a few BMWs that are good. The new 3 series coupe or the M5 or the old batmobile, etc... NO Apple product is good.

Now i am hypnotised by Lilleput's avatar.

I suspect that dastardly Steve Jobs is responsible...

It isn't spectacular cause it's overpriced for what you get, it's unergonomic and it just generally annoys me.

It isn't spectacular cause it's overpriced for what you get, it's unergonomic and it just generally annoys me.

It's actually very well priced, the panel alone would run you $800+ And what makes it unergonomic? Unergonomic is a loud black box glowing blue made out of parts from a 100 different companies made to fit into almost anything.

How does one make an ergonomic computer?

Look, fact of the matter is, you're an idiot if you force yourself into one of either camp. You can't say everything Apple makes sucks because it's made by Apple and you can't say Apple can never do any wrong simply because they are Apple, that just makes you a fanboy and insufferable in my book.

Apple products have pros and cons like all other consumer goods. There's no point making blanket statements like "if you don't like Apple products you're just poor and jealous" or "everything Apple makes and has ever made sucks." Although those sound like opposite statements, people who make them are actually very like-minded individuals, and true fanboys. We're not talking about a lifestyle choice or luxury goods, we're talking about technology and I say each piece of technology should be judged on its own without worrying about what badge is on it.

Good thing that they have the best customer service in the world.

So that's why they're blatantly ripping off customers telling them to have to pay extra for warranty they're entitled to BY LAW in The Netherlands (and the rest of Europe) and denying customers who know their rights and thus refused to pay their warranty? I'm sorry, but as with so many things Apple, it's good, as long as you bend over and fork over.

Yes, the panel alone costs 800 usd, so why does that make the whole thing cost +1600 EURO? The hardware? Please, I can put together a faster computer for 1/3 the money. And no, it won't have blinking blue leds (thank you, btw, for thinking all PC users are the equivalents of chavs and ricers), it will be nice and sleek, preferably matte black, made from aluminium, the case will be screwless, it will have more than 1 optical drive, more than 3 usb slots and shock and awe, a card reader. I'll also be able to plug in an extra screen, since I like that sort of thing. And as far as ergonomics are concerned, yes, you can buy the same products for the apple, but you get the standard shit bundled with it. Why?

And again, fraction of the price. :thumbup:

Who gives a fuck about all-in-ones?

EDIT: this is apt:

mac-vs-pc-webcam-is-broken.jpg

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck about all-in-ones?

People (Like me) Who live in a modern home where a big box, no matter how matte and not glowing blue would look out of place, the visual footprint of my 27" iMac is 1/5 of my old PC which make a huge difference... If you give a shit about that.

288111h.jpg

Last edited: