The "New Toys" Thread

I've been meaning to replace my ancient HP printer for a while now and bought the "HP Photosmart e-All-in-One - D110a" a few days ago. I got around to setting it up tonight and it's light years ahead of what I'd been using for the last 7 years. I haven't tried the e-print feature (and can't yet think of any practical purposes for it), but the wireless works great, which is all that I was looking for. :)

http://img812.imageshack.**/img812/5961/001do.jpg

Being a field engineer for HP and having to repair them.

I think you'll find any technician working for 'Insert Company Name Here' will have the same complaint.

I've supported most, if not all brands in some way or another. The biggest % returns/repairs were the Lenovos just after the IBM switch and Apples. Well actually, the biggest returns were Acers, but they all went back in pieces :)

I think you'll find any technician working for 'Insert Company Name Here' will have the same complaint.

I've supported most, if not all brands in some way or another. The biggest % returns/repairs were the Lenovos just after the IBM switch and Apples. Well actually, the biggest returns were Acers, but they all went back in pieces :)

Hahahaha, Acer. :lol:

Well, I say that not just because I think they're consumer stuff is garbage but also because they're support is even worse. It might be just my opinion, but they're one of the lowest with customer satisfaction. So, that has to say something. They're business stuff is that bad. Some of the designs make me want to beat the engineers that designed them. Still, the customer service on the business side is a complete joke.

Quality aside, I can't recommend one simply for the fact that the support is some of the worst in the industry.

Maybe we're just lucky here in Australia. The majors all seem to support their product. As for the minor league, don't get me started on Dell ......@#$@#^%$&~!@

Yeah, you must have different support to deal with. Here in the states it's the other way around. We're losing customers to Dell since it takes them a few minutes to get a tech dispatched. With HP it's about, and average, of an hour and half.

Replaced my malfunctioning WRT54GS with a Linksys E2000 router, booted it up, installed DD-WRT, and it seems to be working great.

Replaced my malfunctioning WRT54GS with a Linksys E2000 router, booted it up, installed DD-WRT, and it seems to be working great.

+1, I love my E2000.

Some Back to School Upgrades

newegg1.png

Western Digital Green 2 TB 64 MB Cache Harddrive

thermaltake-hard-drive-dock.jpg

Thermaltake USB 2.0 Harddrive dock

FastTrackPro-large.jpg

M-Audio Fast-Track Pro USB Audio Interface

Last edited:
Yeah, you must have different support to deal with. Here in the states it's the other way around. We're losing customers to Dell since it takes them a few minutes to get a tech dispatched. With HP it's about, and average, of an hour and half.

Exactly the other way round here. HP uses selected retailers for support, which has the benefit of having one closer to you than just the central Dell support staff. Also HP is far easier to deal with over the phone and a lot faster in delivering when you order stuff.

Hahahaha, Acer. :lol:

Well, I say that not just because I think they're consumer stuff is garbage but also because they're support is even worse. It might be just my opinion, but they're one of the lowest with customer satisfaction. So, that has to say something. They're business stuff is that bad. Some of the designs make me want to beat the engineers that designed them. Still, the customer service on the business side is a complete joke.

Quality aside, I can't recommend one simply for the fact that the support is some of the worst in the industry.

Their laptops, from what I've seen, are terrible. However, their monitors are excellent for the price in my experience ($100 for 20" 1600x900), and my netbook is rock-solid in terms of build quality.

Their laptops, from what I've seen, are terrible. However, their monitors are excellent for the price in my experience ($100 for 20" 1600x900), and my netbook is rock-solid in terms of build quality.

My dads 24" acer is utter garbage.

My dads 24" acer is utter garbage.

Which one? I know someone with the previous-gen 24" and it's quite nice. Personally I have the H213H, the only minor complaint is vertical viewing angle. My brother bought that $100 one, x203H, it really is unbeatable for the price :dunno:

But then, my standards are pretty low for this sort of thing, all of the above are TN-panel and it doesn't bother me at all.

can you plz tell me why is it so awsome?

Which one? I know someone with the previous-gen 24" and it's quite nice. Personally I have the H213H, the only minor complaint is vertical viewing angle. My brother bought that $100 one, x203H, it really is unbeatable for the price :dunno:

But then, my standards are pretty low for this sort of thing, all of the above are TN-panel and it doesn't bother me at all.

My dad's monitor was crap for reasons other than the TN panel as well.