The "New Toys" Thread

I guess so far the ghettoserver only entertained Galantti, who had to deal with my never ending (at least it felt that way) quest of making that sucker work. why? Simple: a bunch of old and used parts that *should* work, and whats broken? The brand new board. Which i found out after i rma'ed the memory i got in the first place and got the new one. Does that count as entertainment? :D

I guess so far the ghettoserver only entertained Galantti, who had to deal with my never ending (at least it felt that way) quest of making that sucker work. why? Simple: a bunch of old and used parts that *should* work, and whats broken? The brand new board. Which i found out after i rma'ed the memory i got in the first place and got the new one. Does that count as entertainment? :D

ofc. plus it provide games :p

Installed the aftermarket heatsink - the results are good.

vantage.jpg

It will be mine. Oh yes. It soon will be mine. Placing my pre-order this weekend, in white python tolex.

50w/22w/7w power
3 Channels, footswitchable
Available as 1x12 combo, or a head, and they now offer convertible (closed/open backed) 1x12 and 2x12 (which can stand vertically) cabs with GT12 or Vintage 30's.
Head can be rack-mounted with "ears"
Made in the USA
Expected to ship end of March

3_v3m212_1.jpg

So i caved and bought an iPad. After some research, i decided that the iPad may be expensive but is the only tablet worth the cost (IMO).

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/se/sevs753/2011/01/28/Image01282011224729.jpg

I also decided that i don't really care about any of the rumored "improvements" that the next generation iPad is going to have so I'm happy with the one i got.

Oh, you poor bastard. You could have waited a month or two and gotten an Android Honeycomb tablet for hundreds of dollars less. :(

Oh, you poor bastard. You could have waited a month or two and gotten an Android Honeycomb tablet for hundreds of dollars less. :(

I'm developing a game for the iOS so my choices were kind of limited. Plus, I don't like the UI of honeycomb. It just seems like the designers over thought it.

It has USB host? Also, I really like the look of the new high-end Nokias. It'd be cool to be able to dual boot with Android.

I need my phone to support that.

It has USB host? Also, I really like the look of the new high-end Nokias. It'd be cool to be able to dual boot with Android.

I really hope Nokia gets their heads out of their asses and start supporting Android. Or even Windows Phone.

I really hope Nokia gets their heads out of their asses and start supporting Android. Or even Windows Phone.

Anything OTHER than Symbian. Symbian is a big pile o poop.

In a nutshell: Symbian kernel/OS is pretty awesome. Symbian UI needs work. Symbian hardware needs moar powerrrr.

In any case, I'm leaving Symbian sometime this year for MeeGo... hopefully. If Nokia mans up and releases a MeeGo phone sometime this year :p

Last edited:
In a nutshell: Symbian kernel/OS is pretty awesome. Symbian UI needs work. Symbian hardware needs moar powerrrr.

Well for the UI I personally think its ok. But for the hardware (As a N78 user) I do agree it could use a bit more power!

In any case, I'm leaving Symbian sometime this year for MeeGo... hopefully. If Nokia mans up and releases a MeeGo phone sometime this year :p

I never heard of MeeGo before but It seems the N900 can use it...

Well for the UI I personally think its ok. But for the hardware (As a N78 user) I do agree it could use a bit more power!

Try an N95 8GB or an N82. These are the most powerful non-touch Nokias. As for the UI, after using iDevices for a while, I have to say it lacks polish on the touchscreen side, although non-touch is perfectly adequate

I never heard of MeeGo before but It seems the N900 can use it...

MeeGo = Maemo's (N900's OS) successor

Last edited: