The "New Toys" Thread

Decent bluetooth headphones are hard to come by, but once manufacturers start using BT4.0 for them, they'll have up to 10x the battery life and no need for compression thanks to 21Mb bandwidth over 802.11. Well, obviously the paired device will also have to have 4.0 or 3.0+HSP for lossless.

It sure sounds good, but when is that slated to come out?

The Motorola HT820 is a great BT set, if large, and the Nokia BH-503 I use now is even better overall, with only battery life at a slight disadvantage.

The thing is those are all old models now... they are the first generation of Bluetooth headphones. I don't have an issue buying a four year old product since nothing newer/better has come out, but the thing is you can't find those in stores to buy anymore at this point in time. And I don't want to buy it online because I know I'll have to try a bunch before settling on a new one.

Other than being USB instead of Bluetooth I'm really liking the Logitechs... except, they pinch my head rather hard. The damn thing is so stiff that when it's not on my head it forms a complete circle... hoping it'll loosen up or I'll have to take it back.

I like Bluetooth but it seems dead, and Logitech's warranty is definitely a good idea on headphones me thinks.
I own a pair of Plantronics BT headphones that are really good. They are a bit on a bulky side but seeing the other ones you are looking at it doesn't seem to be a problem. The only beef I have with them is that the sound lags a tiny bit behind the picture (half a second or so) which makes it annoying in movies.

If I remember correctly, BT4.0 has been finalized and should hit the market late this year, which makes me hopeful that I'll be able to get a new phone and headset.

I own a pair of Plantronics BT headphones that are really good. They are a bit on a bulky side but seeing the other ones you are looking at it doesn't seem to be a problem. The only beef I have with them is that the sound lags a tiny bit behind the picture (half a second or so) which makes it annoying in movies.

That sounds like a huge issue actually!

I probably consume between one or two hours of video every day using wireless headphones, so that would be a deal breaker to me. Of the over half a dozen wireless models I've tried over the years none have had noticeable lag.

If I remember correctly, BT4.0 has been finalized and should hit the market late this year, which makes me hopeful that I'll be able to get a new phone and headset.

I'm just hoping they settle on one standard for wireless stereo audio one way or the other.

Between RF, BT and USB it's a mess right now. What sort of technology do the USB models use to transmit the signal anyway? Is it still RF but just not the 900MHz variety that the actual RF units use? :?

Last edited:
how much.
i think here some court ruled that using neighburs wifi (without their knowledge) get you massive fines and maybe jail-time.
Also the neighburs get fined too not having a secured wifi. :D

Actually iirc, using your neighbours (or anyone else's) wifi is legal now, if it's not encrypted.

PS3-Slim-284x300.jpg
+
201101152112496.jpg

Killzone 3 and FIFA too, planning on getting Uncharted 2 soon as it's insanely cheap as a Platinum Game.

That looks awfully a lot like a vibrator....

That sounds like a huge issue actually!

I probably consume between one or two hours of video every day using wireless headphones, so that would be a deal breaker to me. Of the over half a dozen wireless models I've tried over the years none have had noticeable lag.
Yeah I use them fairly rarely so usually not a big problem for me, I can see how it would be a deal breaker for you though.

Welcome to the 16GB club

Thanks!

It's pretty useless to me, to be honest. All I use this machine for is hardcore gaming and video watching. I've still not breached 4gb of my RAM, much less 8. But I don't care, for $50 I can't complain, and more RAM is always better, right?

But if my friends have an animation project or something, it's better than the computers at my school so I could let them use it to render I suppose.

Actually iirc, using your neighbours (or anyone else's) wifi is legal now, if it's not encrypted.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they legalized it in december.

wow :eek: didn't know that.
good thing the wlans are secured around my place as a default (they all are same wlan-boxes from same isp).
though the modem is shitty :D even with the 30-digit password.

Just picked up this. I only had 30GB left ;)
2TB Western Digital Green Caviar
western-digital-2tb-caviar-green-drive.jpg

Last edited:
I need a NAS with a couple of those...

And they are just dirt cheap. The HDD prices has really just dropped to nothing! :)

And they are just dirt cheap. The HDD prices has really just dropped to nothing! :)

Indeed. See a few pages back. I built a 5500 gigabyte (actual real gigabytes, not claimed gigabytes) redundant RAID 5 NAS for a total of $630.

Last edited: