The "New Toys" Thread

well im a Network Analyst for Christus health at santa rosa hospital.

And playing games on the new TV is awesome with the DVI port and 1280.720 resolution ^_^ makes me wet my pants, ill show you a pic of my wet pants too LMAO. In my apt it looks so big but its sooooo worth it. I should have bought my digi cam first, but that is the next thing i buy.

Man, wish I had a new toy. Who wants to buy one for a poor guy? :thumbsup:

I recently bought myself a new 19" LCD screen. More specific this one. I'm very pleased with it. It's huge(lcd uses the entire screen compared to crt), fast response time (8ms), good color,... I needed it because my old 17" crt hurt my eyes. He couldn't handle a decent refresh rate at my resolution. So I bought a decent TFT screen. Pricy though.
I also bought myself a Creative Zen touch(20 gig version), because my discman died on me. So again, I bought something quite expensive, but decent. Very happy with it, except when having to put music on it. The sound is awesome.
Last but not least, I bought a PS2 with GT4. Also very happy with this. Especially now, bc I got the Driving Force Pro for writing a program for someone.
The other things I bought are quite some time ago, so I'm not going to bother you with this.

freerider said:
I recently bought myself a new 19" LCD screen. More specific this one. I'm very pleased with it. It's huge(lcd uses the entire screen compared to crt), fast response time (8ms), good color,... I needed it because my old 17" crt hurt my eyes. He couldn't handle a decent refresh rate at my resolution. So I bought a decent TFT screen. Pricy though.
I also bought myself a Creative Zen touch(20 gig version), because my discman died on me. So again, I bought something quite expensive, but decent. Very happy with it, except when having to put music on it. The sound is awesome.

Last but not least, I bought a PS2 with GT4. Also very happy with this. Especially now, bc I got the Driving Force Pro for writing a program for someone.
The other things I bought are quite some time ago, so I'm not going to bother you with this.

Good choice - at least someone on this forum knows a good product :)

I have the older one, and it sure it's great...
00046756.jpg
And since this is a new toys thread, I just got a battery for it, after the original one died... :lol:

Well, my 40 GB was way cheaper than the equivalent iPod, and unless you have a car to which you can plug an adaptor and control it through the radio or wheel controls, I can't see the point of an iPod. It may be slightly easier to control than my old generation Zen, but the new one shall have it covered.

If you're after a mini jensked - you're best off looking at the Rio Carbon, though the Zen Micro is a good player, the Carbon is just as good and also good looking. But if you're just after a spacious player, then stick with the Zen Touch - it's the tops! :)

I have the 20Gb iPod and i bought it couse it was the first, no matter how good other products are they are still knock offs.

TechZ said:
Creative MP3 players beat iPods anyday :mrgreen:

I do not share this view... :p

iPod user interface is very easy to use, and Creative stuff feels cheaply made to me. I own an iPod 3rd Gen 15GB, and plan to purchase a new iPod should mine need to be replaced. Apple is synonomous with quality (and unmatched customer service) should something happen to your new device. Quality and unmatched design are worth the premium price Apple charges.

Lilleput said:
I have the 20Gb iPod and i bought it couse it was the first, no matter how good other products are they are still knock offs.

I highly doubt that... :p

I agree that Apple products are very well made, but Creative and Rio are both very big manufacturers (esp Creative) and can just as well compete, and have proven in many reviews to be the superior products.

oliB said:
Lilleput said:

Whats the first small (ish) harddrive driven Mp3 player w/ an interface/screen then?

Lilleput said:
oliB said:
Lilleput said:

Whats the first small (ish) harddrive driven Mp3 player w/ an interface/screen then?

Wasn't it the first Nomad Jukebox from Creative?

FedEx guy showed up today with my VGA cooler. 8)

Here it is compared to my old 9800 Pro:

Img_9605.jpg

6800gtoc.jpg

Img_9606.jpg

Img_9607.jpg

Yes, I cleaned it before the next picture. :p

Img_9608.jpg

Img_9609.jpg

Img_9610.jpg

I hope that fold-a-way table doesn't collapse viper! :eek:

I bet you think that because you think it would turn it into a human health hazard.