The "New Toys" Thread

Cruzz563 said:
I hope that fold-a-way table doesn't collapse viper! :eek:
Don't be dissin' my cafeteria table! :p

And yes, we have a 2x4 underneath it just in case. :)

toys5zj.jpg

:D

Haven't unpacked it yet. I know it's nothing crazy-fast, but quite an upgrade from my current one.

cool cooler viper ;)

megalite said:
anyone thought of the new playstation portable? (psp thingy)

Hokie is getting one. See the beginning of the thread.

MXM said:
toys5zj.jpg

Haven't unpacked it yet. I know it's nothing crazy-fast, but quite an upgrade from my current one.
One quick question related to your toys there: I'm looking at getting either the ASUS A8N-E or A8N-SLI right now. I will never use SLI as I could really care less about PC games, but are there other features on the SLI that are worth the extra cost?

I will most likely be using a 3000+ AMD chip and 1024MB of Corsair PC3200 Dual Channel RAM. I haven't decided on a video card yet, but it may end up being a 6600GT as well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Viper007Bond said:
FedEx guy showed up today with my VGA cooler. 8)

6800gtoc.jpg

Don't spill your Coke on it Viepr!!!! :lol:

zenon said:
MXM said:
toys5zj.jpg

One quick question related to your toys there: I'm looking at getting either the ASUS A8N-E or A8N-SLI right now. I will never use SLI as I could really care less about PC games, but are there other features on the SLI that are worth the extra cost?

I will most likely be using a 3000+ AMD chip and 1024MB of Corsair PC3200 Dual Channel RAM. I haven't decided on a video card yet, but it may end up being a 6600GT as well.

Anyone have any thoughts?

That seems like a rather powerful specced PC considering you dont care for gaming. You really ought to buy something less powerful and save some money tbh

Ok here are the toys that I got this year :

Siemens C65
HP PSC 1317
Siemens Data Cable
200 GB Seagate 7200 RPM
PC 133 MHz 512 MB SDRAM
Saitek P220 Gamepad
Philips Fax Machine.

As you can see all useless materials. I am eyein for an Alienware Area 51m 7700 Notebook. i will custom mod it to P4 3.8 GHz, nVidia 6800 and 200GB. Now all I need is the cash. hope I get a job for the holidays.

bigfoot1942 said:
cvg said:
what the hell. Why are you putting your phone in a blender???

Are you kidding?
I'd say that's an electric shaver in it's charging/cleaning station. ;)

cya
Oliver

I just bought a Creative Zen 5gb.

I actually wanted to go for the iPod 4gb, but when I came in the store i saw:
iPod mini 4 gb: 209 euros
Creative 5 gb: 177 euros WITH fm radio and a power adapter so i don't have to recharge on a computer...

So i changed my mind fast...

by the way, is WMA smaller then MP3, cause i could only get 900 songs on the 5 gb.

jensked said:
I just bought a Creative Zen 5gb.

I actually wanted to go for the iPod 4gb, but when I came in the store i saw:
iPod mini 4 gb: 209 euros
Creative 5 gb: 177 euros WITH fm radio and a power adapter so i don't have to recharge on a computer...

So i changed my mind fast...

by the way, is WMA smaller then MP3, cause i could only get 900 songs on the 5 gb.

Nice decision. ;) And yes, wma is smaller for an equivalent quality, but I don't know if it's worth all the effort to convert your mp3 files.