The "New Toys" Thread

I meant Hulu+ is a non-free service, yet you still get ads.
Yeah but you pay for the ability to view it on other devices + TV and for better access to shows. I would've preferred to pay more and get no ads though, maybe they will add a Tier 2 or something later so maybe you'd pay like $16 instead of $8 but get no ads.

This:

IMG_20110718_193625.jpg

Yeah its a real shit image but I'm pumped. Unfortunately I still have to wait on a playseats setup..... grr

Interesting. I just got a racing wheel today, but it's not nearly as nice.

This thing:

thrustmaster_universal_challenge_5_in_1_racing_wheel.jpg

Thrustmaster Universal Challenge. Granted, I've never played any racing games with a wheel before so maybe I just don't know better, but it seems quite good for the price ($35, I didn't pay for it though). Goes about 130 degrees in each direction and includes paddle shifters. The wheel is very small - about 10cm in radius - but works well in my small hands. I have no complaints. No force feedback, but I don't know what that feels to drive with, and the pedals move around on the floor quite a bit but I can move the thing while driving by curling my toes around the top of the pedal, and keep it fully depressed.

Very suitable for what I use it for - Codemasters F1 2010.

Clubsport pedals?

No just the regular replica porsche pedals. I'll get the clubsport ones down the road if these ones prove to be unsuitable, I just couldn't justify paying the extra $150 at the moment. Also just as an FYI this is the GT2 model that also has support for the Xbox 360.

btw I like your sig. Remind's me of Feynman's quote: "Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it."

11+-+1

Galaxy tab 16gb white and a Logitech G35 headset.

Got the G35s for 50% off, love 'em for the ventrilos while I'm playing EVE.

wacom_bamboo_stylus_2.jpg
Wacom Bamboo Stylus for iPad. Quite good for taking hand-written notes, annotating PDFs (lecture slides in class), and drawing stuff. Also, got it for 20% less than the average online offering...

I've been considering something like that for my not-iPad but wasn't sure how well they work. Does it feel like the tip is too thick?

I've been considering something like that for my not-iPad but wasn't sure how well they work. Does it feel like the tip is too thick?

It's thicker than a normal pen, and the writing feels very different. I've tried another one before though (a JustMobile AluPen), and Wacom feels better, having a slightly smaller tip. There's a pretty good overview of the things over at Macworld: http://www.macworld.com/article/156560/2011/05/touchscreen_stylus_roundup.html

Windows 7 has some great handwriting recognition and a terrible OSK so that would be my use case. Writing with my finger makes me feel like a 3 year old :lol:

Nice article, I'll check it out. And try to hold back my fanboy rage.

The Thrustmaster site states the diameter as 7.75", which is 19.68cm, making the radius 9.84cm or "about 10cm" as she stated.

It's a good thing she's a girl, that would be way too small for me. Even my Driving Force GT's 28cm diameter wheel is a bit small for my taste.

The Thrustmaster site states the diameter as 7.75", which is 19.68cm, making the radius 9.84cm or "about 10cm" as she stated.

It's a good thing she's a girl, that would be way too small for me. Even my Driving Force GT's 28cm diameter wheel is a bit small for my taste.
There is entirely too much double entendre going on in this post :p