The "New Toys" Thread

I think it was IceMonkey or something similar. It was also wooted at the time.

Can an i3/Intel 3000 actually handle BR?

Last edited:
13.3" screen, unfortunately resolution is only 1366x768. Notebook was 654?, with extra memory and blu-ray burner 800?.

There's a 14" version with the same case afaik. I just couldn't find it anywhere, and it probably costs 200? more.

Yes, quite easily. :) CPU usage is around 10%

well i have some 3 year old hp dv6827eo with 15,4" 1280x800 resolution.
Good to hear i3 is good for blueray :eek:
Hows the batterylife? and did you get extended warranty?

well i have some 3 year old hp dv6827eo with 15,4" 1280x800 resolution.
Good to hear i3 is good for blueray :eek:
Hows the batterylife? and did you get extended warranty?

Batterylife is 4-5 hours, I haven't really tested properly yet. There's some models with 9 cell battery, I got 6 cell.
I got it with standard 1 year warranty.

I had to call HP and order Windows recovery DVDs. The darn thing has no way of burning them and they're not included.
Didn't cost anything, but I had to wait a few days.

Batterylife is 4-5 hours, I haven't really tested properly yet. There's some models with 9 cell battery, I got 6 cell.
I got it with standard 1 year warranty.

I had to call HP and order Windows recovery DVDs. The darn thing has no way of burning them and they're not included.
Didn't cost anything, but I had to wait a few days.

good batterylife, and no installation-hd-location at all?
you could always do the 7's own full system backup from: "backup and restore" @ control panel and on the left is "create system repair disc" or "create system image"

i created the discs when i set up the machine, and now backing up all my laptop's data :D

How do you find the smartcover? I'm debating whether to get a knock-off one and a shell for the back as I love my current leather case but it easily doubles the weight of the iPad.

It's alright for what it is. It provides no protection for the back, but it feels very light and doesn't add much weight to the iPad. Cost is pretty high up there (but then this is Apple we're talking about here), but so far I like it.

good batterylife, and no installation-hd-location at all?
you could always do the 7's own full system backup from: "backup and restore" @ control panel and on the left is "create system repair disc" or "create system image"

i created the discs when i set up the machine, and now backing up all my laptop's data :D

There's a restore partition at the HDD, but since I switched to SSD, which is significantly smaller, it was a problem.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2011/07/28/3_2.jpg
It's so cute!
I ordered one from Amazon today. $33 with free shipping. I've been looking for something to replace then full size keyboard and mouse on my HTPC for a while. Hopefully it works well.

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/h-/h-p/2011/07/29/2011-07-29_21.08.54.jpg

HP Probook 4330s
Core i3-2310m 2.1 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intel HD 3000

swapped SSD from my previous laptop, added 2 GB RAM and swapped DVD-RW with BD-RE.
What software do you use to play blurays? The software I use is crap and constantly crashes and stutters. (computers specs are more then enough to play blurays so it's not the hardware.)

What software do you use to play blurays? The software I use is crap and constantly crashes and stutters. (computers specs are more then enough to play blurays so it's not the hardware.)

WinDVD. PowerDVD on my other comp. WinDVD works fine if used on a single screen, but imho PowerDVD is better.

edit: WinDVD is 2010, PowerDVD is 7.

Last edited:
Got myself one of these to make up for one of my hard drive's recently breaking:

TSD-2000WD2-v03-mc.jpg

It's a Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, has all the specs I wanted so I'm quite happy with it.

I also bought one of these to play Flight Simulator X with:

17392.png

Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Quite a simple one as far as joysticks go but it's cheap and it gets the job done.

Razer Deathadder Black Edition

This is a damn good mouse. Seriously.
Recommended, 10/10, etc.

Damn you! :p

You're almost making me regret I went for a G500 instead of a Deathadder.

I also bought one of these to play Flight Simulator X with:

17392.png

Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Quite a simple one as far as joysticks go but it's cheap and it gets the job done.

No it doesn't get the job done for FSX. Correct me if i'm wrong captain but this joystick doesn't have rudder controls meaning you can't twist it left or right.

I use the Extreme? 3D Pro and IMHO this should have been your choice for Flight sim.

No it doesn't get the job done for FSX. Correct me if i'm wrong captain but this joystick doesn't have rudder controls meaning you can't twist it left or right.

I use the Extreme? 3D Pro and IMHO this should have been your choice for Flight sim.

It doesn't twist but I use buttons 4 and 5 (At the top of the stick) for rudder control, which I usually only use during taxiing anyways. The 3D Pro would have been better but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere and this is slightly cheaper anyhow.

I have one of those, sadly, it's broken since it got flooded with Cola on a LAN party. I guess I could take it apart and clean it out, but I don't play any fliying games recently, so not much sense in doing that. Before it got broken, it was quite good for its money though... not much for simulations because of Force Feedback and rudder controls lack, but quite fun in arcades like H.A.W.X. with the other hand on the keyboard.

RCA extension for my PS2's audio cables
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/08/02/sku_26777_1_small.jpg

Awesome little reading lamp for my side table
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2011/08/02/sku_65276_5.jpg