The "New Toys" Thread

Is that a 3D game remake of the original Super Mario Land...so that would be the original GameBoy line, right?
I don't think its an remake. It just includes the tanooki suit. The 3D effect is a little hard to get right and strains my eyes after a little while. I'll probably keep the effect off most of the time.

Since I seem to destroy the mousewheel with those, I decided to use the program switch button (thumb down) as an alternative... I suppose that should cope better with heavy pressing.
This mouse is very precise. I love it.
Only thing: the micro USB charger is one too many cable going up to the table. Guess I'll have to get the K800 keyboard ;-)

Also: Its 2 years +1 day on the mx 1100, which means no more dealing with amazon with the replacement. Logitech warranty FTW!!! Anybody wants a mx1100 for cheap?

You mean like this? :p

IMG_3596.jpg

And yeah, that middle mouse wheel click tends to move slightly whenever I use it. But otherwise, as you can tell from the worn logo on the mouse, they are well used and holding up great.

That's an MX Revo isn't it?. The MX1100 (MX Revolution successor) is this:

logitech_mx1100_cordless_laser_mouse.jpg

Mine hasn't missed a beat after a good couple years of use and abuse. It feels good to have something that doesn't become completely inoperable in 6 days unlike the two G9s I went through before getting the MX1100. The wheel hasn't gone wrong either; for a time the MicroGear refused to re-lock the clicks but now it's tight as a drum.

My apologies, yes, it is the Revo. I wonder how the MX1100 stacks up against it. It doesn't look like it follows the ergonomics of the predecessor but it could be better for all I know. I might get another soon.

I mainly bought the MX1100 over the Revolution because weirdly it was about $60 cheaper at the time , which may be down to the Li-ion battery in the Revo compared to the MX1100's 2xAA. I'm pretty sure they perform similar and have similar DPI but the Revo certainly looks more "dramatic" in the ergonomics and design. The MX1100 fits my hand perfectly; I have big hands so the size certainly suits compared to the old mouse I used which was a VX Revo lappy mouse.

However some of the MX Revo's features that I thought were pretty cool are absent which kinda bugs me; mainly the thumbwheel at the side of the mouse which correct me if I'm wrong was used for Document Flip? That's been replaced by a hidden button on the bottom of the thumbrest. The button behind the wheel has been switched from a search button to a button to operate the MicroGear/HyperScroll mechanism, and there's a DPI switch in the top left corner of the mouse with which there's two settings for.

Unless someone else can come up with a HyperScroll type mechanism without getting sued, I'll be sticking to Logitech mice forever.

New gps. I liked my old Garmin although it was becoming a bit long in the tooth. I bought a Garmin Nuvi 2555lmt which has a 5" screen and lifetime maps and traffic.

51gP3QmSWpL._AA300_.jpg

They were on sale for $130 CAD at futureshop awhile back. They normally charge you $250.

I hear sometimes in the states they go as low as $80...darn Canadian prices.

My old BenQ's backlight stopped working, so I replaced it with Dell U2412M:

IPS>TN :nod:

Wait why do you have a Lexus wallpaper instead of a lambo????

:D Touch?...

Yeah I just made a quick custom wallpaper with the highest res stock picture I could find. Don't worry, I'll be making LOTS of Lambo ones hehehe.

Hope you like it as much as I adore mine.

roku_2_xd_1108278_g1.jpg

Roku 2 XD.

I'm still living in an SD TV world and the Roku comes with a composite connection along with HDMI.
I've been using my iPhone connected to the TV to stream Netflix or watch Top Gear but it was a pain when someone called or txt'd.
The XD model comes with a USB port to play movies from a flash drive, so the kids are finally watching the Harry Potter DVD's they got for Christmas (no DVD player anymore).

It also comes with Angry Birds pre-loaded, so that'll entertain the kids, too, if needed.

broke again :|

One-time-big-time shopping spree today:

Razer Deathadder 3500dpi
DA_LR02_1169602491-000.jpg

Audiotechnica Pro700mk2
pro700_mk2_01.jpg

Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10
15845.png

:cool:

42192.jpg

It prints! It scans! And all without actually being connected to anything other than a powersource
Works pretty well, and finally solves my "you can't print unless the other PC is turned on" problem