The "New Toys" Thread

...which is better for printing photos than most color laser for a 5th of the price of any that are worthwhile and allows you a wider selection of printable media by a factor of 10. I see no issues.

Razer Deathadder 3500dpi
DA_LR02_1169602491-000.jpg

I have one of those too. They are brilliant.

42192.jpg

It prints! It scans! And all without actually being connected to anything other than a powersource
Works pretty well, and finally solves my "you can't print unless the other PC is turned on" problem

Have fun buying the most expensive liquid known to man.

I have one of those too. They are brilliant.

Yep! i dont see the point of buying their more expensive models unless im into mmorpg...which im not.

If it was cheaper, I would buy one of those 2 million button mouses just for lulz. (also have a Death Adder).

Have fun buying the most expensive liquid known to man.

Hey atleast here I can buy each color individually and not be forced to buy a whole new cartridge because I'm out of yellow
Also, I print about 5 pages a month tops, so I'll glady pay 30something ? for a new cartridge. In 2015 or so.

Do you guys really print that much to require laser?

Yeah, the problem is not that the ink runs out. It's that it dries unless you print regularly.

Yeah, the problem is not that the ink runs out. It's that it dries unless you print regularly.
It doesn't dry out actually, cartridges have an artificially limited lifetime, basically the printer will refuse to use anything older than X number of days whether the ink is dry or not.

It does dry out. The yellow cartridge on our plotter dried up and had to be replaced.

those are all problems future me can deal with!

It does dry out. The yellow cartridge on our plotter dried up and had to be replaced.
It was a poor choice of wording on my part. They do dry out, my point was that a lot of times they are not dried out but because X number of days has passed the printer will not try to print with a cartridge because there is a concern of nozzle clog or something along those lines. Basically inkjets are very sensitive to usage patters, you really are better off with a laser if you print seldom.

Was told to buy british in the India TG special, so I bought these today:

[video=youtube;-rtPcxbsPAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rtPcxbsPAk[/video]

They are made in China :D

I want to try the kodak printers that use some sort of powdered ink thats cheap to buy.

I want to try the kodak printers that use some sort of powdered ink thats cheap to buy.

We have one. The hardware's great but the printer firmware is extremely unstable, crashing and locking up all the time, even just sitting idle. There have been a ton of updates that make no difference.

I thought that Epson printers had ink that can be cheaper to buy? My dad had one and he said that even the Epson branded cartridges were only a few dollars each instead of the normal $20-30 for one. I also might note that I am no printing expert by any means, I usually break printers somehow. :(

My Grandmother's Canon printer isn't super expensive, but it's not that sort of cheap either. I think the cartridges for it are under $20/cartridge and with the sort of printing she does it works out to be a good value for her. (She prints fairly regularly, but not at a high volume.) Personally, I want a laser printer because I have to print out a ton of stuff for school (documents that are 10+ pages, papers, etc.) and I'd rather do it on my own machine than pay $.10/page at school.

If you go through a couple ink cartridges every year I would recommend buying a laser printer. Toner cartridges will last ten times as long and don't dry out.