The "New Toys" Thread

We have one. The hardware's great but the printer firmware is extremely unstable, crashing and locking up all the time, even just sitting idle. There have been a ton of updates that make no difference.

Ouch, well that's disappointing. :/

Yeah, about that...

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...shed-photography-bet-on-digital-printing.html

Dammit rick, why did you have to like Kodak?!? :p

Yeah I saw/heard/read. I think they may have made a mistake. I know that my employer is slowly switching to digital only for photo processing.

We use kodak paper, chemicals (in wet labs...these are slowly disappearing as well), and other equipment + our various machines (I've personally used various noritsu, Gretag, and KIS machines) are serviced by Kodak as well.

While I still end up developing at least a roll of film every shift, people use the photo kiosks like crazy. Potentially selling those for extra cash is insane. Printing at home is annoying and time consuming for many people and things never look quite right. The kiosk makes printing and backing up your camera's memory card easy. Plus the prints that the kiosk prints instantly are waterproof.

Why not sell the cameras, printers, and online services that people take the photos with? It only makes sense since they want to go digital...don't just go halfway, have an end to end solution for consumers with clear messaging, something that they don't seem to be good at. I can't recall the last time I saw a Kodak digital camera ad, maybe actually telling the world that they sell/make cameras would have helped.

Last edited:
Theoretically 15/5, but this is with the IPTV running:

1774327860.png

Theoretical limit on my line is 60/23. I wonder how much they'd charge for that.

I want to try the kodak printers that use some sort of powdered ink thats cheap to buy.

Stay far far away. I had one and maybe used it 5-6 times? And it died less than a year after purchase. From then on, I decided I will never own another home printer.

?32 a month for the IPTV (100 channels) + internet package and another ?18 for 15/5.

I could get anything up to 60/23 on this line, but the site doesn't state anything higher than 15/5. They probably don't want normal people to think it's possible to be faster.

If it's VDSL2 those max speeds will differentiate greatly due to distance/quality of copper, they probably just set a max at 15/5 so ppl wont complain they're paying the same as other with higher speeds.

That's not bad at all. I pay around $90/mo for 35/35 internet (no TV).

I always forget how spoiled I am in the Midwest, I pay $45 for 30/5, but could upgrade to 50/10 for $65 a month or 100/15 for $100 a month. Not sure why the uploads lag so far behind the downloads, but hey.

Also, once it's done doing the initial charge, I will have a shiny new Acer Iconia A200 to play with. :D

I always forget how spoiled I am in the Midwest, I pay $45 for 30/5, but could upgrade to 50/10 for $65 a month or 100/15 for $100 a month. Not sure why the uploads lag so far behind the downloads, but hey.

Also, once it's done doing the initial charge, I will have a shiny new Acer Iconia A200 to play with. :D
Yep that's cable speeds/prices, I can have the same if I wanted to. Couple of things though:
1) I actually use my up and even 15 is way too low
2) Speed was pretty unstable sometimes I'd have 30 sometimes I'd have 5 and UL was fluctuating so much that it wouldn't even be able to make normal request to server in time
3) Time Warner and Comcrap traffic shape, Optimum didn't but they (like all other cable providers) would not allow certain services w/o having "business" grade service such as HTTP server or FTP server.

Reason why UL is so slow is because the dedicate all your bandwidth to downstream since that's what most people prefer, if they did a synchronous connection they would basically have to half your DL (well roughly 100/15 would become 65/65) keep in mind that it would also impact your TV service and they don't want to do that.

Just got this in great condition off ebay for a low low price of ?56 (seen them go for 100+) to replace my aftermarket headunit.

radio-1-wm-64035.jpg

Won't be going in until I get one of these, though:

DENSION_GW33AC1.jpg

Doubt I can get that for really cheap, though. ?178 might be the lowest I can look at.

Just got this in great condition off ebay for a low low price of ?56 (seen them go for 100+) to replace my aftermarket headunit.

radio-1-wm-64035.jpg

Won't be going in until I get one of these, though:

DENSION_GW33AC1.jpg

Doubt I can get that for really cheap, though. ?178 might be the lowest I can look at.

Why did you go for a Single DIN? What is that other thing? iPod adaptor?

Looks to me like he's returning it to stock, but adding USB support.

Why did you go for a Single DIN? What is that other thing? iPod adaptor?

Some Audis of the period came with single-DIN radios from the factory (like the one he bought, in fact), with the rest of the console holding the climate controls and a container for stuff - my '01 A6 was like that. It is possible to rebuild the console to hold a double-DIN unit, but it's complicated.

The "other thing" looks very much like an adaptor for USB storage or an iPod... 180? would be a bit steep for just an iPod audio stream adapter, so I expect storage adapter that you can plug a hard drive into for a proper-size media library.