The "New Toys" Thread

It's been a while, but trying to figure this out. Testing the Panda tomorrow.

8bd20b2e-47d6-41f4-9c27-fb9278dc71ef.jpg

Tried it with a AA battery, I got a reading which seemed accurate when it was set to DCV 20.
I'm using the middle and bottom holes, the top lead hole isn't really used?
I got something similar myself also can't figure out how to use it :p

You set the dial to whatever you want to measure and then press the leads to your resistor/battery/whatever-you're-testing. How's that complicated?
It's not as long as you actually know what those things on the dial mean...

It's not as long as you actually know what those things on the dial mean...

The numbers within the boxes are just setting the scale for the readout. You wouldn't have it set to 20,000 volts when you're just testing for 5 volts. Other than that it's just knowing what you're testing for in that particular instance (DC volts, DC amps, AC volts, resistance, etc.).

Just ordered....

MLAfs.jpg

The numbers within the boxes are just setting the scale for the readout. You wouldn't have it set to 20,000 volts when you're just testing for 5 volts. Other than that it's just knowing what you're testing for in that particular instance (DC volts, DC amps, AC volts, resistance, etc.).
Mine's a bit more complicated than that it has some sort of battery load test and some other crazy stuff

I wish they made smart cases for more devices, i want one

I wish they made smart cases for more devices, i want one

My friend and I were actually talking about that, he has a Nook tablet and he was saying that it would have been nice to have something that can auto unlock your tablet. I can only guess that Apple somehow patended the approach? Though it kind of falls into the same realm as laptop lids that use magnets to tell the laptop when its closed so I'm not sure it could be patented by them that easily (or at least enforced).

I have a Windows tablet that is considered "closed" with the keyboard folded and clipped on magnetically. So I don't think it's a patent issue.

20110504104517.jpg

Pretty impressed so far but I'm yet to give them a proper road test. I've got Le Mans lined up for that once they've bedded in a bit.