The "New Toys" Thread

I'm now up with the times (of 2008) when it comes to Xbox accessories. I needed to replace my old worn out headset for the future Forza races and was originally looking at the bluetooth unit, but my original Xbox 360 doesn't have bluetooth so I went for this package instead:

27139.jpg

Yeah it looks a bit stupid having a black keyboard on a white controller but I don't give a shit so why should anyone else? I've wanted one of these for years, the USB keyboard I used to use is now dead and was a pain in the arse when it did work due to its size, I just never got around to buying one. The headset is the same as the one I had before, just not worn out and nasty.

That OSD looks exactly like my cheap chinese one...Lol

It probably IS the same crappy software system. I noticed most of the Chinese 808/keychain cams have the same crappy software and setup no matter which outfit made it. Likewise all the cheap Chinese security DVRs.

And all of them are awful, UI wise. :p I even consulted a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker to examine the UI on a couple of DVRs I had around, and he was laughing at how bad even the Chinese-language UI is.

Bought the Galaxy Nexus two weeks back, after two years with the Milestone. Very, very happy with it. It's running Jelly Bean
introduction.png

I like the color spectrum background, where can I get that?

Thanks!

Did a bit of searching and found out that the actual ICS wallpaper is this -

But I found this also which is closer to the wallpaper on the Nexus that cyberjunkie posted.

Click to get higher res.

I'm also jealous of you people buying Nexuses!

Last edited:
How many of those are there? :D I knew it wasn't the official one, since it lacked the particles and good job on finding the higher quality one. :)

2012-08-12%2018.55.03.png

I ordered this a couple of weeks ago, should be arriving any day now. Not only is it a new toy but it's also a much better media streamer than PS3.

It probably IS the same crappy software system. I noticed most of the Chinese 808/keychain cams have the same crappy software and setup no matter which outfit made it. Likewise all the cheap Chinese security DVRs.

And all of them are awful, UI wise. :p I even consulted a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker to examine the UI on a couple of DVRs I had around, and he was laughing at how bad even the Chinese-language UI is.

It also seems that the Chinese use same fake batteries in all devices. The battery installed in the video is a fake Nokia BL-5C battery.

Gave myself an early birthday present - my mid-life computer upgrade.
cooler-master-cosmos-2-case.jpg

Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra Tower - got it on refurb from Cooler Master for a cool $199, retail $349

To fill out its fan mounts, 5x
w0206654_newpage.jpg

Coolermaster Sickleflow 120mm fan - 70cfm @ 19db

20-147-134-04.jpg

Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD

For the new apartment, sep 1
WNDR4000_product_image18-17595.jpg

Netgear N750 - now with DD-WRT.

Got it all put together and whirring away quietly. It's ridiculous how much larger this case is than my Cosmos 1000. It's almost two inches larger in every dimension.

Until I replace my 6970s, I'm done buying hardware.

Last edited:
I might be a little too late, but...
galaxy-s-550x505.jpg

Really, I sold my Galaxy Ace and for its money bought an used Galaxy S... bargain of the century?

I might be a little too late, but...
galaxy-s-550x505.jpg

Really, I sold my Galaxy Ace and for its money bought an used Galaxy S... bargain of the century?

Arguably I'd say yes, there's still quite the following in various dev communities for it. It also sounds like a better phone overall than the Ace.

Went a lil crazy with Amazon :p

WD TV Live - newer model than I currently have, current model will be going to the bedroom (yay!)
314470n959L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Harmony 300 for the bedroom TV + WD TV, I do love my Harmonies
41zEcAmIJnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Replacement Harmony 650 for living room, the current one's USB port fell out....
41Ih-lhLb6L._SS360_.jpg

Also got two of these (one for the lady one for myself) in an effort to protect the keyboards.
41bGF1CGZIL._AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Just ordered:

ThinkPad X230

Core i5-3210M
4GB RAM(has two DIMM slots for upgrades as needed)
12.5" IPS screen @ 1366x768
320GB HDD - may get an SSD if I can get some overtime at work
Bluetooth 4.0
Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300
12.01" x 8.13" x 0.75" - 1.05
2.96lbs
Up to 9hrs battery. Engadget got 6:15 running HD video on loop at 65% brightness

I have to admit I'm a little concerned about that low of a resolution, but my primary needs for it are portability and durability for going back and forth to school. Paid $991.10 including tax.

Just ordered:

ThinkPad X230

I have to admit I'm a little concerned about that low of a resolution, but my primary needs for it are portability and durability for going back and forth to school. Paid $991.10 including tax.
Nice, I'm a big fan of those. This res is plenty for a 12" screen IMO

Re: The "New Toys" Thread

Just ordered:

ThinkPad X230

Very nice. The ThinkPad design language keeps growing on me. The fact that they've already got Windows 8 drivers out for their products, including the indirect gesture multitouch trackpad is icing on the cake.