The "New Toys" Thread

Got mine an hour ago. Sadly, I need to go to work now...

grand-theft-auto-5_Playstation3_cover.jpg

Got my copy yesterday as well, played for like 7 hours straight.

Hands down one the best game ever.

gta-5-cover.png

Thought it would be sold out, as I went out about 13:00 today. As I went into the shop I recognised a neighbour/friend of mine who works there. Without saying anything myself, he asked me after about 30 seconds: "Xbox or Playstation?" :p

Haha, same here, the girl in the shop was like "Can I get you ? Ok, I should have known..." :)

I need to get a proper keyboard first. I want that game so bad, it sounds worth it.

GTA V is on consoles only,... at least for the moment.

I know, that is why I added the last part.

Got my copy yesterday as well, played for like 7 hours straight.

Hands down one the best game ever.

call me old and daft but I never understood why you physically need to get the game asap...
co workers even took the day off to buy this and then play it for hours on end... why? because it makes you hip and cool?

I just used to buy a new game whenever i felt like it, or had finished/gotten bored of whatever i was playing at the time...

usually also meant i had the same game as everyone else, just six months later at a discounted price... none of this "first bitches" crap.... same goes for buying a console/phone/tablet on the very first day it's out

maybe i just hate queuing? :dunno:

In many cases, I agree and buy most games once the price goes under $20. But for a select few franchises, I will make an exception. I played the shit out of GTA IV when it was new-ish, and it's been 5 years since then. So there's been a decently long period of watching and waiting for GTA V, knowing how good the previous game was and knowing what could be improved and expanded on to make it even better, but waiting for it to actually happen.

I gotta say I don't see much utility in something like this, it just doesn't seem that big of a problem to pull out your phone. I could see it useful for people who tend to carry stuff in the backpack/purse I suppose.

It's great when driving, or in a meeting where it's extremely rude to pull out and unlock your phone.

It's great when driving, or in a meeting where it's extremely rude to pull out and unlock your phone.
You shouldn't be reading when driving, nor checking your stuff in meetings :p Also since when does a phone need to be unlocked to just see notifications?

You shouldn't be reading when driving, nor checking your stuff in meetings :p Also since when does a phone need to be unlocked to just see notifications?

most head units with bluetooth can display texts when on the move, and you can tell coworkers you're taking notes on the phone....

yet i still want a pebble. i just lack an android phone as of yet

call me old and daft but I never understood why you physically need to get the game asap...
co workers even took the day off to buy this and then play it for hours on end... why? because it makes you hip and cool?

I just used to buy a new game whenever i felt like it, or had finished/gotten bored of whatever i was playing at the time...

usually also meant i had the same game as everyone else, just six months later at a discounted price... none of this "first bitches" crap.... same goes for buying a console/phone/tablet on the very first day it's out

maybe i just hate queuing? :dunno:

I don't care about hip and cool, I got the game on day one because I've been wanting to play it for a while.

No queuing either, I pre-ordered the game a few weeks ago and just went and picked it up at a shop a couple of blocks away from my office :)

So in the past month, I've gotten:

Nexus 7 - 16 GB
OTG cable
64GB flash drive for $30
Upgraded RAM for my macbook
and today I got a chromecast

Tracking puts my Sony only 20km away from here as of 10 Minutes ago! But the scheduled delivery is tomorrow 1:30-6pm when I am home :).

Also, tracking puts my Chinaphone to the regional DHL depot and should be delivered today.. :D

Fuck yeah dude, now my 16GB sexus 7 is 80 GB!