The "New Toys" Thread

Long live the hyperwheel. The G700 doesn't appeal to you?

Nah, not really. I'd prefer my desktop mouse to be wired and besides, the G700 (just like the G500s) is still aimed towards the palm grip, whereas I'm used to the claw grip and I'd really prefer to stick with it. And the left side buttons on the G700 look almost as horrible as the clusterfuck in the G600 MMO <_<

I adore my G700s. I never use it wireless - it always stays connected to my PC via usb and acts just like a wired mouse. I claw, and both the G500 and G700 have been great to me.

The side buttons are fantastic - for MechWarrior Online, where I have up to 6 different weapon groups, they're perfect - mouse 1 and 2 are fire groups 1,2, side buttons are 3,4,5, and my push-to-talk.

Bought a new mouse,yes it is very cheap but will do for now...

mouse-gamer-dragon-war-astra-usb-800-a-3200dpi-laser_MLB-O-5060971695_092013.jpg

-3200 DPI
-7 control buttons
-Mouse mat included

I payed 90 reais (39,87 dollars) for it but in other countries it probably cost much less...

Since this is page 911 I post my newest toy:

1920_6166653033396130.jpg

My '77 911S

so long ,

e-type

41XOH0dX8rL.jpg

Amazing.
We got a new router and it is absolutely dog shit for wifi. (Phone still won't connect) I got 1.2kbps earlier for about 10 minutes. Needless to say Steam wasn't happy. It seems to have random moments of crummyness. Anyway my PC seems happier.

The only downside is my PS3/PS4 will still be on wifi. Lack of plug sockets is a problem.

EDIT: Just tested PS3 on wifi and ethernet, using the limited connection test. Speed was first better on wifi and then just slightly above ethernet.

Last edited:
those parking spaces o_O how to open doors

It's Germany, where people are skinny for a reason ;-)
No, just kidding, I hate those parking spaces, called Duplex.
I recently rented a new, proper garage with enough space and no one parking above the Porsche...

so long ,

e-type

My new backup drive arrived yesterday. We've been using these at work and they're quite cheap so I just got one without considering anything else.

61I00UsjtUL._SL1000_.jpg

What I didn't realise was the software that comes with it is excellent. I was intending to just do a copy and paste backup but I now have it set to automatically backup my photos folder when it changes, and the whole lot is encrypted. :D

Drift Ghost HD plus a 32GB microSDHC for using on the bike. After using it for a few weeks I can confirm that it is awesome and I'm glad I chose this over a GoPro.
drifthdghostheroremote---perspective-red-led-picture-on-screen-1352288301.jpg

Last edited:
New phone

New phone

Well I bricked my cellphone last night, or so I thought. :cry:
Today I bought a new Nexus 4 for a nice price since the 5 is out now.

Aaaaaand then I fixed the old one, with some help from Adunaphel.
So now I walk around with two phones. (one private, one work)
HTC sensation running MIUI V5 3.11.1, other Nexus 4 running stock Android 4.3 (for the moment).
oldandnew.jpg

Edit: Yes, the clocks are set wrongly.

Last edited:
Batman-Arkham-Origins-Season-Pass.jpg

And that's enough gaming for me for a while. Gotta study for mid-terms. And they end just before Injustice is released!

$20 for skins... for a single-player game...

Man, I can understand the DLC for the new maps and actual DLC content (the "a new story!") but for skins....

The skins are usable in MP as well :p And I play a lot of challenge mode and I actually like to change the way Batman looks.

What I didn't realise was the software that comes with it is excellent. I was intending to just do a copy and paste backup but I now have it set to automatically backup my photos folder when it changes, and the whole lot is encrypted. :D

Sounds like it could be a pain in the ass to retrieve lost files if you don't have the special software handy.

I prefer backups where I can take a look inside using a normal file manager.

Sounds like it could be a pain in the ass to retrieve lost files if you don't have the special software handy.

I prefer backups where I can take a look inside using a normal file manager.

My WD external keeps its special software on a small partition on the HDD and exposes it as a virtual CD when you connect it to a computer. Perhaps his does the same?