The "New Toys" Thread

Opposite for me: I demand full-length travel. I come from the OLD days of computing D:

Unless you have worked on an IBM System/370 with an MVS operating system, you are just another kid who grew up with playstations :p

Last edited:
I'm 7 years older than him and even my first computer was a 286 already with a normal keyboard. Maybe Mauritius is so much behind technologically they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

I have used the mechanical ones before and there is just no appeal for me. I prefer shorter travel, they're not more comfortable and I can't type just as fast, if not faster, on my Logitech Illuminated, cause I'm used to it so much.

I'm 7 years older than him and even my first computer was a 286 already with a normal keyboard. Maybe Mauritius is so much behind technologically they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

I'd tell you to not be an ass but that's who you are.

I have used the mechanical ones before and there is just no appeal for me. I prefer shorter travel, they're not more comfortable and I can't type just as fast, if not faster, on my Logitech Illuminated, cause I'm used to it so much.

It's a matter of taste though you wouldn't know taste if it hit you with a shovel in the face.

Yes, I wouldn't know what taste is about, that's why I used words like "prefer". Maybe you should go back to primary school and learn the definitions of basic words like that.

T-Y-P-I-N-G

It was for me. The living room and the office behind it were on two different circuits. In the end, we added a grounded circuit that we use for the office computer and the HTPC/TV, so now it works.

This exists? I had no idea.

It's quite a good solution if you can figure out the circuits. I've seen reports of regular 300mbps throughput, which isn't bad at all. Latency and packet retention is a lot better than wireless is, as well.