The "New Toys" Thread

Just get a used ~60GB one, I'd think people would be trying to get rid of smaller SSDs for cheap.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Its barely worth looking at used ones when you can get a new 120GB drive for under ?50.

Guys... It was free so I'm not sinking money into it. Besides it currently only has an 80gb drive which is nearly empty...

just to pour something more into this:
my laptop is 7 years old (C2D 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM) and after sticking my old SSD into it and moving the HDD to the disc-bay (--> 12? adapter) that thing is perfectly fine for any usual office work. so yeah, that is a very neat solution to get some more use out of an ancient piece of kit. of course, at 0?, the value for money won't exactly be increased by throwing money at it :D

Guys... It was free so I'm not sinking money into it. Besides it currently only has an 80gb drive which is nearly empty...

Yeah, that's why I was suggesting looking up smaller used SSDs. With good luck you might get one for 20eur, perhaps? But the boost in speed and usability is quite something.

Dewalt-DCR015-12V-20V-Radio-Charger.jpg

marquee-product.png

I know the Chromecast requires external power, but isn't that Dewalt thingy a bit of overkill?

I know the Chromecast requires external power, but isn't that Dewalt thingy a bit of overkill?

:p
Obviously one is for home and one is for work.

The radio's not too bad. It's oud enough be heard over the welders, which works for me.

And it runs off of the same batteries your drill has!

And it runs off of the same batteries your drill has!

I love this. Between all my hand tools, since each came with its own battery, I can run my weed whacker for an hour, non-stop. I do wish I had a better system, as it takes 6 fully charged batteries to do it. I could run the flashlight for days.

Picked up all three for $67. Awwww yeah.

Not as fancy as the amp above, but I now have one of these sitting on my desk powering my bookshelf speakers. A very nice replacement for my old PC speakers.

denonpma720silver.jpg

WD MyPassport 2tb for new hard drivery. Currently slowly filling it with tunes and video

1e6d2d100b.jpg

Corsair Voyager Go 64GB. USB3 and USB OTG stick, just in time for ringmeet.

Why this one over Sandisk or other offerings? Wondering, as I need high capacity flash drive.