The "New Toys" Thread

While it's not brand new, I ended up picking this stuff up far cheaper than new from a guy in town here.

Fanatec V1 Clubsport base with BMW wheel

ClubSport-Wheel_01-1000x666.jpg

Derek Sphere Design Pedals

13197610623_3dd2cbec12_c.jpg

Derek Sphere Design Sequential Shifter

hpim1536.jpg

Obutto Ozone

FPS_triple-800x800.jpg

While it's not brand new, I ended up picking this stuff up far cheaper than new from a guy in town here.

Fanatec V1 Clubsport base with BMW wheel

ClubSport-Wheel_01-1000x666.jpg

Derek Sphere Design Pedals

13197610623_3dd2cbec12_c.jpg

Derek Sphere Design Sequential Shifter

hpim1536.jpg

Obutto Ozone

FPS_triple-800x800.jpg

holy eff dude. that is epic! I'll have to look into one of those Obutto Ozones for myself one of these days...

Since I'm now officially scared of losing stuff I got me another 2TB drive for proper backups.
Aldi had one on sale for a smidge under 100? so I caved....

No picture, but you can all imagine a small black rectangular shape with blue LED and "Medion" lettering, I suppose

Since I'm now officially scared of losing stuff I got me another 2TB drive for proper backups.
Aldi had one on sale for a smidge under 100? so I caved....

No picture, but you can all imagine a small black rectangular shape with blue LED and "Medion" lettering, I suppose

I almost bought a medion laptop way back in 07....almost.

I've looked from time to time but I haven't seen one at Aldi here since, at least going by the app. Next week seems to be home decor and German food week:

lALerz7.jpg

uhEq4QB.jpg

:p

Work replaced my ancient Dell E6400 with a Lenovo X240 (we've moved to Lenovo globally now) and I got a dock for it myself (yeah, they've stopped giving us docks now...)

Decent spec Core i5, 4gb ram, SED HDD (not ssd), sadly no FHD screen.

lenovo-thinkpad-x240.jpg

lenovo-thinkpad-ultra-40a20135au-docking-station.jpg

Also picked up a Netgear PROSAFE GS108 to replace an older model of the same.

710VbkcAkqL._SL1500_.jpg

A Netgear N900 Dual Band Wi-Fi USB Adapter (WNDA4100), got it refurb, needed some to replace the D-Link DWA-125 I use on my download machine (ancient Centrino laptop)

41Aw5r%2BBmeL.jpg

4 of these since they're only 7? a pop nowadays

Sandisk_16GB_MicroSD_M.jpg

(objects in real life may differ substantially in size from this picture)

1x replacement for my broken one for my phone
1x replacement for the 4GB one in my camera (HD video eats up space like nobody's business)
1x replacement for my wife's old 4GB one in the phone (she doesn't need the space now, but will eventually)
1x for whenever any of the above break.

Holy shit, no way!!! DUDE! Totally jelly. Although...there's now a curved one...but it doesn't have a VESA mount. :(

Is there any benefit to the curve that I am missing? The only benefit I can think of is possibly reduced glare.

With a screen that wide, since it's a computer screen, you're sitting fairly close. It helps bring the edges in a bit, making text and details easier to read on the sides of the screens. For video and gaming, it helps the image take up more of your peripheral viewscape, which aids in immersion.

I would not recommend it, though, for CAD or anything like that, because it screws with perspective that the display drivers don't (can't, really) compensate for.

It's not that. The point is that you never see the screen at an angle, given you're in the right position, but are always looking at it at 90 degrees.

Had enough of the lack of connectivity in my car and got this:
oryIGSa.jpg

PuD0y1h.jpg

Can't wait to install it, hopefully it will not look very out of place in my car. It will definitely not look as good as the OEM unit:
hhHabNw.jpg

Had enough of the lack of connectivity in my car and got this:
oryIGSa.jpg

PuD0y1h.jpg

Can't wait to install it, hopefully it will not look very out of place in my car. It will definitely not look as good as the OEM unit:
hhHabNw.jpg

Congrats! And no nothing ever looks as good as stock.

I want a passenger eject and pursuit mode aswell!