The "New Toys" Thread

If you go to Wikipedia, it says this:

WebOS, also known as webOS, LG webOS, Open webOS, or HP webOS, is a Linux kernel-based operating system for smart TVs, and formerly a mobile operating system.

The make it sound like the mobile OS was the 2nd thought.

Last edited:
Glad to see webOS living on...even though its on a SmartTV.

Funny enough I still have a few HP touchpads kicking around, though they're rooted to android.

Not jumping to 4K?

I have a 30" 2560x1600 Dell 3011 from a few years back as my primary already. The 24" is my dedicated IRC, Slack, and SSH monitor.

Just ordered this after reading about 3.5mm Bluetooth adapters in the iPhone "Android phone needed (Nexus 5-sized)" thread (yes, I am a compulsive buyer).

iClever Himbox HB01

I am currently using a clip-on Bluetooth thingy on my sunvisor, and a 3.5mm cable to get audio in my radio. This will replace both, making for a cleaner setup, plus hardware music control instead of having to try to get a menu on my phone.

Last edited:
Just ordered this after reading about 3.5mm Bluetooth adapters in the iPhone "Android phone needed (Nexus 5-sized)" thread (yes, I am a compulsive buyer).

iClever Himbox HB01

I am currently using a clip-on Bluetooth thingy on my sunvisor, and a 3.5mm cable to get audio in my radio. This will replace both, making for a cleaner setup, plus hardware music control instead of having to try to get a menu on my phone.

Do get back to us with a review.

Will do, it might take a while though, the expected delivery date is 2 days after I leave for my next trip... :(

I know! I already had used it in 2012, and deemed it awesome. And now it's 100% mine!
The reason why I didn't go with 650 and 700D is because they didn't justify their increased price with enough new features. WiFi would be sweet, but everything else - I could live without.

Will do, it might take a while though, the expected delivery date is 2 days after I leave for my next trip... :(

So, it was delivered today :D

Quick install, sound quality for music is good, controls work great. I no longer hear interference from the car electrical system.

As expected, it turns on and off with the car (being powered through the 12v socket with an included 12v->USB adapter with an extra usb port).

The wire is quite short, meaning I probably won't be able to route the cable internally. But on the upside, I can just pass it along the center console, and it is the perfect length for that. Since it is holding magnetically to a small base stuck on the dash using 3M tape, not routing the wire internally might actually be a good idea, making removal a breeze.

I still need to test pairing with a second phone, and test call quality.

So far, for 38$ including taxes and shipping, it's a great value for the money.

Edit: Received a phone call while driving (albeit at very low speed). Call quality on both sides was good. Still need to test it at higher speeds. Also paired with a second phone. Looks like it can only be paired with one phone at a time (not an issue for me).

Last edited:
For my 18th birthday, Canon 600D! We are going to be the best of friends!
kcWCk7Q.jpg

Nice, have fun with it! Got the same one nearly a year ago. Lots of fun for the money. Although you're probably gonna upgrade from the stock lens soon :p

LG-G3-1-1280x853.jpg

Decided to try something different after years of nothing but HTCs.

I needed a new laptop fan because my old fan died and my laptop started overheating and shutting itself down. So I decided to go for HP's 720235-001 fan......

....wrapped in a new HP Envy 17-J113TX Touchscreen laptop. :D
hp_envy_17_series_laptop_with_insert_template_6.jpg

It has a 17.3" full HD touchscreen, 4th gen Intel Core i7-4702MQ Processor, 16Gb RAM and two 1Tb HDDs.