The "New Toys" Thread

I've seen the X5675s drop down to 85USD a pop. The L5632 are just slow in comparison. And I don't mind extra noise...

Well shit at that price I wouldn't say no either. eBay?

Just sent some Euros in payment for one of these:

D3S_4321-950.jpg

With express shipping it should be here before the Balkan meet.

That's a very good lens! I love mine and it works great for breathtaking landscape shots.

And I got a G602 for my birthday :D

I used a Gigabyte mouse before before its scroll wheel died. Ever since I have been using cheap mice that came my way. This is my first proper mouse and it's awesome!

i'm with you on that... i was fairly annoyed when they gave me a 15" laptop at work because i felt it was too big, even if most of the time it sits in its dock in the office.

Oh, so a Panasonic CF-53 is too big? That's what work provided me with. To be honest, I think it's only because it's the last laptop to provide built in RS232.

yeah they gave me a latitude E5540... with the bloody touchscreen :? whyyyyyy...
argh. oh well, it works and at least runs rather nicely with lots of RAM and SSD.

And for the rest of us who like having a decent screen with our laptops, Dell makes this olde relic:

Yeah but then you can't get your serial on while on the go! :p

yeah they gave me a latitude E5540... with the bloody touchscreen :? whyyyyyy...
argh. oh well, it works and at least runs rather nicely with lots of RAM and SSD.

Um...just don't touch the screen? :p

Last edited:
it still comes with a bloody glass cover on the screen, it's the most glare-y and reflective thing ever devised by man!!! :D

This now finalizes my 2015 upgrades for my computer built in 2011.

Changes in specs:

ASUS mobo -> unchanged
i5-2500K -> unchanged
ArcticCooling Freezer Heatsink+Fan -> unchanged (mounted sideways to exhaust out the back and give back DIMM space that it was blocking)
MSI Twin Frozr II Overclocked 560Ti -> EVGA GTX 960 SSC
Corsair Dominator 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM -> Crucial ballistix low-profile 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.
Corsair Force 120GB SATA II MLC SSD :-| -> SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SATA III SSD

Did a fresh install of Win7 on the new SSD, went fairly smoothly. Still doing the windows updates but that will go on forever I bet. The Win experience index went from 5.9 (because of old SSD) to 7.5 (because of processor). Crystal disk mark reports:

OLD SSD

NEW SSD

Good results there, those are nice SSDs for the price.

Your 2500k still stock? Open it up a bit, those things you can usually do 3.6 - 4.0 with nothing more than a multiplier change.