The "New Toys" Thread

Used one yesterday. It's tiny, the 38mm one. I would get the bigger one for sure. Not sure about the whole wearing a watch thing though.

I've got the 42mm one, which I think is just right. I bought it for the longer batter life more than anything, but I'm happy I got that size. This is the first time I've worn a watch in about 6 years, and I have to say the rubber fluoroelastomer band is really nice feeling.

I bought it basically because I didn't understand what the point was, and I wanted to see if it was compelling. After 5 days, I think it's basically a good product and I will continue to enjoy using it. On the other hand, it's clearly a 1.0 product and has some rough spots. 3rd party apps are slow and sometimes don't open correctly at all (they run on the phone for now and just display on the watch by sending stuff over bluetooth). I think that will get better with the native SDK being announced at WWDC this week though. I really like the exercise functions, and it's definitely making me get more exercise so I can fill up my goal circles.

I don't doubt that the general quality of apps will improve. Pretty much everything thats's available for it now has been written by devs that hadn't ever seen the watch in real life, let alone had access to one to test their apps on. Something that worked well in theory might not be so nice to actually use, on the actual hardware.

Yep, iirc there was only an emulator available.

Hmm, what did the Amazon fairy bring this week?

Batteries and a charger?

Oh, it's for this!

I got the batteries and charger via Amazon and the boat at a local hobby store. The boat is an Aquacraft Rio EP. It seemed to be the best in the "cheap beginner boat" category. I had it out yesterday and it can keep up with most of the full size boats that are cruising along the river. Obviously, the big baja 454CI V8 boats it falls behind. It copes with boat wakes and jumps them with ease.

It sounds like a mini 2 cycle engines wave runner.

Returning to the hobby store. Fucking piece of shit. Water tight electronics box is not actually water tight. All the electronics have corroded and no longer work. Good Job AquaCraft!

Regarding the Logitech Mx Master, anybody know of a pouch or case that fits it?

Regarding the Logitech Mx Master, anybody know of a pouch or case that fits it?

I bought a small zippered make-up bag from Target for my Performance MX. :lol: The inside is aqua with white polka dots, but the outside is black. :)

81MS4lToPIL._SL1500_.jpg

It took me about 10-15minutes to put them on for the first time :lol: But they sound good and are really comfortable.

I have finally joined the world of about 7 years ago and got myself a wireless charger for the phone:
81lePt-IszL._SL1500_.jpg

Case:
81QTbM09onL._SL1500_.jpg

I've used one before, and it only charged as fast as my low-powered laptop USB ports...have they gotten better?

Stumbled across a deal for a Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X for 32?, couldn't walk by.

IeJu2eG.jpg

Basically the only game I'm playing with it is Elite: Dangerous... and it's awesome! Used a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro before, but the extra throttle and all the buttons on it really add a lot, for basically the same money.

Btw, if anyone else plays ED - name's CMDR Olex, add me, wings are fun :)

Got a Thrustmaster T80 (boo no force feedback, but still better then a controller). Someday I'll justify spending 400+$ on a nice wheel and pedals... someday...

t80_ps_pedalset_2.jpg

Pedals are, well, bad, that's the only word for them. The wheel is actually surprisingly nice, if it had force feedback I'd have very little to complain about.
The button placement works well. Bit of a deadzone when the wheel is centered

Also got myself the Game Golf system for better shot tracking and statistics. I use to do it by hand, but I got lazy and didn't do it anymore and my game really dropped off.
The fact that it automatically keeps track of your score is handy, and the app (which works separately from the device.. which is.. odd) works with my Android watch to show distance.

Game%20Golf.jpg

While not "Tech" persay, I got this system along with an entire new set of clubs which will help me learn the club distances.

Ordered this from Amazon yesterday (and a copy of Gran Turismo 6):

To play with the ADSB receiver capabilities.

So, a power strip in cube form with a USB power supply in it?

project-cars-ps4-legenda-em-portugus-942201-MLB20293653272_052015-F.jpg

Yes, you can play it with dualshock, but I think I need a wheel...