The "New Toys" Thread

I once had a watercooling setup as well, but nowadays with huge coolers and fans my PC is just as quiet. I don't have the most powerful components, but a Core i5-4460 and a Geforce GTX 960 are capable of displaying DiRT Rally maxed out at 1920x1200, that's plenty for me.

I now have an overclocked CPU on a 240 and gpu on a 120 rad. All for star citizen. Before the gpu was a monster of a jet engine as the game constantly requires all it can muster but now it's nicely and quietly cooled by a single 1200 rpm fan.

I think I'll need a new card eventually, though, as 3.5 GB of vram isn't enough, but it'll be getting the same treatment, possibly out of the factory.

And now we are back up and leaktesting!
Though i traded one of the rads to a 240mm rad with the GF.

Huawei-MediaPad-X2-1.jpg

Finally found an Android tablet I like: a Huawei MediaPad X2. Arrived today. Specs:

- 7" 1920x1200 screen
- Octocore (quad 1,5GHz + quad 2.0GHz with power saving mode using only one)
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB onboard
- Android 5.0 with 6.0 upgrade either already available or coming very soon (not sure)
- Dual SIM or single SIM + microSD
- 3G/LTE with phone function

So far, it's looking good. Display is great, the thing is reasonably thin and light, rather responsive. Not a fan of the gold appearance, but the white alternative was imho even worse, and not available.

Forgot to post here,

My lumia 1020 died and I needed new phone.
For 5 days I had 3 options: lumia 950, Sony xperia z5 and nexus 6p.

After large amount of research, fiddling with devices I still hadn't decided.

Told mom my options, pros and cons, and she suggested on the nexus.

Went to have last fiddle and then bought nexus 6p 64GB aluminum.

Pretty

If you're seriously overclocking the CPU, you need to overvolt it too and in that case the power delivery needs better cooking too.

If you're seriously overclocking the CPU, you need to overvolt it too and in that case the power delivery needs better cooking too.

Not if you're staying within the realm of 24/7 stability.. I know that from my time running my CPU at 1.4V and 4.7GHz.. Things were toasty CPU-side (mine really needs a delid to go higher than 4.4GHz sanely), but VRMs didn't care.

You were saying?

Not if you're staying within the realm of 24/7 stability.. I know that from my time running my CPU at 1.4V and 4.7GHz.. Things were toasty CPU-side (mine really needs a delid to go higher than 4.4GHz sanely), but VRMs didn't care.

^ This. It's an utter, utter waste unless you are aiming for nitrogen-like stupidity levels of overclocking.

I used OCCT for stability testing, which to my knowledge is a highly extreme case scenario stress tester. 4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.2V. :)