The "New Toys" Thread

My first Blizzard game

5u8gL7J.jpg

Well, I've played a bit of Hearthstone and Diablo 2 back in the day. That's about it. Never got into Warcraft or Starcraft and I never really liked WoW.

Kids these days, never even got to know Blackthorne

Waiting for the a7R II body to arrive. All stocks ran out as the cash price was US$2,568 vs $3,198 US SRP + sales tax.

Or should I get a used a7R II bought last September for $2,300?

Got this supposedly difficult to find Zeiss Batis lens for US$1,072 vs $1,299 US SRP + sales tax.

CYrElAHWYAAs65q.jpg

1RHnoxu.jpg

AkRHWjv.jpg

Z7Q2SZ6.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus, I've paid less than that for every car I've owned. o_O

Well, you do get what you pay for with glass and it doesn't go out of fashion (saying that though I feel like lenses made for crop-sensor cameras will start to die out, unless a big tech advancement makes that format popular again).

Well, you do get what you pay for with glass and it doesn't go out of fashion (saying that though I feel like lenses made for crop-sensor cameras will start to die out, unless a big tech advancement makes that format popular again).

The dedicated camera brands (except for Sony) are taking a big hit from the popularity of devices like smartphone and tablets.

Point and shoots are essentially dead, as we know it. Their strategy is to go up market, specialized and premium to supplement smart devices.

I think crop lenses will stay very popular for at least a decade because of price.

Hopefully a point & shoot with a medium format image sensor in the spirit of the Sony RX1R II or Leica Q will become available.

Canon & Nikon are in decline and their strategy is to diversify from the camera market.

Fujifilm has a monopoly on retro-looking digital cameras.

Same with Panasonic to an extent.

Sony's raking in the big bucks from selling half the world's supply of image sensors for smart devices.

Quality full frame lenses like the Batis will stay relevant/production for at least 1-2 decades.

So unlike, say, a car I can sell the lens at a near original value down the line.

Last edited:
So I bought a Chromecast since there is now 3 Android devices in the apartment.
uploadfromtaptalk1453573375162.jpg

Moved back to BH for a bit so I had to leave my speaker system behind, and I figured I may as well use the excuse to get a decent pair of headphones as my Senns were falling apart:

qtlTYia.jpg

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250?
Creative Sound Blaster Zx

Garmin Forerunner 225:

cArWPw9.jpg

Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D):

TlIU8wR.jpg

(Who knew you can get a perfectly fine (if a decade old) dSLR for 5% of the original retail price?)

Not sure if it counts as a purchase since technically it hasn't been realized yet, but I preordered the upcoming WoW expansion.

legion-box-art.png

Emarline#1401 if anyone wants to add me. ;)

For testing with Star Citizen. The two trackpads with analog triggers should in theory provide good control for 6 degree of freedom controls.

Won an eBay auction for one of those handheld GPS thingies at the second bid so that's 11 bucks plus shipping well spent. It's a gift for mt Dad so he can use it to fish and whatever.