The "New Toys" Thread

That's what I thought as well. I still don't know what he's talking about...

MUT = Multi Tool. He was replying to Boobo-oobo.

Best. Gift. Ever.

:wub:

I just bought that exact one, only in black. I also had it engraved because the store offered it for another 6 euros or something.
It's a bit on the heavy side but it's quickly proving to be very useful. And awesome.

It's for right-handed people, though. You need to use your right hand (and thumb) for quick access to the knife and saw. Lefties are only trusted with a file and a pair of scissors. :p

Last edited:
Ordered an S7 edge in silver.

WzmPQ5M.jpg

My old S5 has terrible battery life and reception at work, so this should be better with the massive battery to boot. Not too sure I care about the edge feature thing, or the glass back though. But it is water resistant which is nice.

And for pre-ordering I get a free Gear VR headset.

Honestly I don't find the edge useful except for the clock and notifications. But the S6 Edge is way nicer to use than the S6 because of its shape.

Random pics of the build and the massive Noctua cooler http://imgur.com/a/CBZFS/all

No banana for scale, but a Nokia instead :)

Not all those Noctua's are for me, some are for a buddy since I ordered most online.

Speeeeeeeeeeeeed

gOy1RbI.png

S732ygx.jpg

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Intel 750 Series 2.5" 400GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Intel 750 Series AIC 400GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX Video Card
NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
SeaSonic 660W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Acer Predator XB271HU 165Hz 27.0" Monitor

Carried forward from the current PC along with 1 more SSD
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse

A bunch of Noctua case fans are also going to be ordered / bought soon.

The build has been a long time coming, upgrading from a Socket 775 build. :)

Logitech Illuminated K740.

Best chicklet keyboard there is, to me it feels just as good, if not better than mechanical ones, sans the clicking sound (yes, I know there are silent switches), also I prefer the travel and height of chicklet style keyboards.

But the best thing about it is the Delete key. It's 2 keys tall with the insert being moved to the row above it (next to F12).

That would be a deal-breaker for me. For some reason I haven't quite figured out I sometimes (but not always) use Shift+Insert to paste, when working on a PC that is.

It might work for me on OS X though.

I never actually pressed the insert key intentionally. It's always been by accident and then I'm ashamed how long it takes me to figure out WTF is going on when trying to type. Ever since I switched to this keyboard (the previous one lasted me 8 years), the number of times that's happened has dropped to 0.

I regularly need the insert key too, it's what VMware usues instead of delete for the three finger salute passthrough for VMs, and since Windows server operating systems still require said salute in order to login, I can't do without one.

If it matters, I believe the Logitech Setpoint software for the keyboard has the option to disable the insert key (among a few others) for those of you who don't want it. I know I have my caps lock key disabled through the software.