The "New Toys" Thread

Man, do I ever hate going there. It's always an ordeal. The nearest Fry's is 40 minutes away, and the one that isn't a complete shit show is nearly an hour away. Even with going to multiple places, I was done in less than an hour. Meh.

Yes, but you ended up with a selfie stick....

Couple of things recently.

Samsung printer (MFC, Laser, B&W). Got it for a very good price.

71JfsBg2l6L._SL1500_.jpg

Needed a 2.5" caddy, got an "Orico" brand USB3 based one.

483710243.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

Xiaomi PowerBank to replace a free one I got from Netgear many years ago that's got an issue with its on/off button.

Original-Xiaomi-font-b-Power-b-font-font-b-Bank-b-font-font-b-10000mAh-b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, but you ended up with a selfie stick....

No, I ended up with a bracket that works exactly as I need it, that cost less than that one at Fry's, in less time, and also got some trash can bulk. :lol:

The selfie stick itself is not the problem. Using that selfie stick as a selfie stick is the problem. I know more than one person that uses them to get under cars for a quick inspection before buying the car.

I admit that I use the selfie stick as a legit selfie stick occasionally. It's handy for group photos.

I always knew you were an attention whore!

:tease: :mrgreen:

The selfie stick itself is not the problem. Using that selfie stick as a selfie stick is the problem. I know more than one person that uses them to get under cars for a quick inspection before buying the car.

Oh shit I haven't thought of this, need to get it!

I could see that being usefull, or for seeing behind heavy equipment. At that point, though, I would make sure to call it something like "Hand-held monopod/unipod" or "extending camera mount" or something.

I love my iPad Air 9.7... Until it says this cable or accessory cable isn't certified. And doesn't charge.
Oh you mean the cable that came with the fucking thing? Cool.

I love my iPad Air 9.7... Until it says this cable or accessory cable isn't certified. And doesn't charge.
Oh you mean the cable that came with the fucking thing? Cool.

:lol:

I would check for lint in the Lightning port.

I would check for lint in the Lightning port.

Nothing there, everything looks brand new and I haven't even abused the cable, by rolling it up or anything.

Gonna buy a new cable today and see what happens.

Because I like to be at the cutting edge of technology...

TruckNav-E100-2.jpg

Chinese trucknav, they're supposed to be better than ?400+ snooper/garmin trucker ones.

The ipad that died "Oh we'll have to send away for repair"
First of all go fuck yourselves, second of all it's only 5 weeks old.

Went to another store. "Heres a new one."