The "New Toys" Thread

The power is USB of some sort, isn't it? Are they not built to take data from that port? Oh...it wouldn't be getting power then...shit.

From what I've read online it's only there for power.

Not to mention powering devices using USB is cheaper than the old style AC adapters used in the original NES.

Again it's $60 for 30 classic games. Comes out as $2/game with authentic controllers and HDMI output.

My sole complaint is that the the NES Classic mini is the EU version and it does not include a USB plug or a 2nd controller.

US version has the USB plug

JP version has 2 controllers.

MSI M5 motherboard.
MSRP $179, But from B&H one can get it for $129 after tax, rebate and free shipping.

Just down to waiting for a price drop on a 6600K (no Microcenter stores near me, dammit...they have an in-store deal at the moment), deciding on a case, then a CPU cooler to fit.

oc-essentials-motherboard.png

I'd complain about the tapatalk signature... but in Finnish that's just hilarious :p
And the best thing is that it is disabled from the settings of the phone.

From what I've read online it's only there for power.

Not to mention powering devices using USB is cheaper than the old style AC adapters used in the original NES.

Again it's $60 for 30 classic games. Comes out as $2/game with authentic controllers and HDMI output.

My sole complaint is that the the NES Classic mini is the EU version and it does not include a USB plug or a 2nd controller.

US version has the USB plug

JP version has 2 controllers.
I'll gladly take the euro version off your hands for 60$ + shipping if you're not happy

EVGA SuperNova G3 750W. 150mm, 10-year warranty, fully modular, 80+ Gold. What's not to like (besides that there's no red, so it totally clashes with my build!)?

71sgVawTCnL._SL1200_.jpg

Why are there even fully modular PSUs? The 24-Pin ATX- and the 8-Pin-12V-connectors are kind of necessary for every PC...

There were some arguments floating around when I bought mine (also fully modular) that it's actually stronger / more durable that way or something. Never understood that reasoning and to me somehow having more connectors is always a bad thing...

Why are there even fully modular PSUs? The 24-Pin ATX- and the 8-Pin-12V-connectors are kind of necessary for every PC...

You can use shorter cables if you'd like so there's less to tuck, thick bundles of cables are harder to bend, and if you're doing custom-sleeved cabling, you can just hook them up straight to the PSu, rather than having to route all of the already-attached cable excess and hide it somewhere and then hook up your extension cables.

If you're just doing a function-over-form build? No difference. Save your money and get a partial-modular. This is the first time I'm having some fun with it, though, and will be paying attention to the overall look of this build, and the full-modularity of it will help me.

Oh, also: should your PSU take a dump or you just want to upgrade later, you can swap it without having to re-do all your cable management.

Is 750w overkill? yes. However, many PSU fans kick in with a % draw. Upping to a 750W means that the same 50% (an arbitrary number chosen just for illustrative purposes) gets me 375w before the fans kick in, rather than just 250w which is the same 50% from a 500w PSU.

Last edited:
I presume it is also good if you want to get into cable modding. NecroJoe could order some red cables so everything matches.

I presume it is also good if you want to get into cable modding. NecroJoe could order some red cables so everything matches.

This. might do something like this, or maybe with no white...but either way, better wire-seperation "combs".

custom_sleeved_cables_1452202896_7ce62470.jpg

They can come pre-curved, too (inside cables are shorter than the outside so there's less stress on the connections when the short cable gets bent.

500x1000px-LL-8687672b_994577_437992076316106_1294849766_n.jpeg

Last edited:
The folks that BitWit, Paul's Hardware, (and many other YouTubers) all seem to use CableMod and they seem to do a good job. If you've got another source, I'll happily check 'em out!

JayzTwoCents pointed me to Sanctum Sleeving, actually. I didn't end up ordering from them in the end, but got a contact to a UK based company.

I love how extremely tiny it is compared to the TV.... Back in my day NESes were huge, and so were TV's :wheelchair:

And my NES is built in to a TV.

XPdTPKG.jpg

Not *completely* new as I've had it new in box in storage for years, but I just unpacked my Lincoln Weld-Pak 140HD welder and set it up.