The "New Toys" Thread

:rolleyes:

The Ryzen CPUs are real.

It is a car, just not an interesting one.

Per Wikipedia:
Car

A car is a wheeled motor vehicle used for transportation.

;)

prizrak;n3549077 said:
Shows what Wiki knows, elevators also have cars and they have no wheels :p

Don't they side vertically on a track, with wheels, similar to maybe a roller coaster?

Depends on the design I think, they can even really be on a hydraulic lift.

One of the definitions is "the passenger compartment of an elevator, cableway, airship, or balloon." so really it's just a passenger enclosure.

prizrak;n3549052 said:
Ewww AMD, couldn't get a real CPU?

That depends on your definition of real, but if you're referring to Intel, I have 3x i7's in my house already :)

I'm thinking about the 2700x for my upgrade. It's a very potent CPU, especially if you're streaming while gaming.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com\/images\/I\/41%2BuXnWmb%2BL.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6huvCUxl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

These two allow me to use my work laptop and private desktop fully interchangeably at home:

- Three monitors are all connected via DP to the desktop and now via HDMI to the laptop: one directly and two more via the above USB-C to double HDMI splitter. The splitter uses DisplayPort alternate mode with MST (multi-stream), so the screens are all independent and not mirrored.
- All peripheral hardware is plugged into the Anker hub, which is independently powered.
- Both computers have a USB A-B cable going to the hub, with only one B-end plugged into the hub at a time.

This allows to simply plug the correct B connector into the hub and power up either of the computers, and I have my full desktop setup to work with. Takes seconds to switch between the two. Much better than my previous setup (monitors split between the two computers and using Synergy to move the mouse between them), basically now I'll barely ever use the desktop again and mostly work and game with the uber-powerful Dell Precision so helpfully provided by my employer :)

Last edited:
Jupix;n3549090 said:
That depends on your definition of real, but if you're referring to Intel, I have 3x i7's in my house already :)

i7? What are you a peasant? Xeon or GTFO

I am sure you are mostly joking, but

:rolleyes:

I'm totally joking obviously, starting from "real cpu" obviously. It has been my experience as of late that computers are beyond overpowered for about 99% of daily tasks.

so i got some new hd's for my nas;

and this is the size difference in the nas control panel when 1 drive is swapped and raid is rebuilding:

(currently 2h 15min in its at 0% done)

One of my screens broke and instead of just replacing it I decided on an upgrade.

9057875656025455DFB5449DAC4089C9.jpg

Dell u2715h

27" 2560x1440@60Hz
91% CIE1976, 99% sRGB with an average Delta E of < 3

Coming from a base spec 1080p screen this is such a revelation...

GRtak;n3549039 said:
Welcome to the AMD side. Muhahahahahaha :p

It’s so hawt.

I dunno, I'd prefer it if my Vega was cooler by about 175 watts. :lol:

Yeah, the video cards produce a ton of heat, but not he CPUs. Mine only blips up fan speeds for a few seconds unless it is really hot, or I am absolutely hammering it.