The "New Toys" Thread

You say that now, but wait until you inadvertently suck up a neighborhood kid or two. As you rot in prison, you'll curse the 1,500W bastard that led to that tragic Summer's day you decided to clean up the Tesla's boot.

I was scared of the vacuum as a kid, maybe it means something. :LOL:

There was a kids TV show that had a character that I thought was a vacuum cleaner and it scared the shit out of me, I can't remember the show and it probably wasn't a vacuum (the fuzzy memory is something like bagpipes). Same me also wanted and got a handheld mains powered vacuum for Christmas when I was 3 years old (Dirt Devil Handy F1 - a limited edition model with the 1993 McLaren F1 car on the box that doesn't exist according to the internet). No wonder I'm the way I am. :p

Is a coffee mug a toy? Probably when it costs more than €30. :D My last paycheck included my vacation money so I decided to buy something stupid.

Pressing the grey button visible in the picture opens the hole on the other side. That's where you drink from. Letting go of the button makes it watertight. Flipping the rocker switch on top locks the button. Supposedly, you can throw this thing into a backpack without worrying about it leaking. It's also great for roadtrips and fits great into the cup holder. At almost 0.5L it's also great for cold drinks.

1591825866257.png

Contigo mugs, flasks and drinks bottles are great. The autoseal on that is better than the one I have that has to be manually closed after use.

I just realized I wrote "great" three times in two sentences.

Maybe it's a lingering memory of watching Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive as a child, but I would never trust witchcraft like in that mug. If a demon possess my Stanley, the worst it can do is give me cold coffee.

So I, um, stopped by the Apple store on my way home from work today. I need to stop doing this.

View attachment 3557584

Picked up a pair of 10€ Chinesium memory foam tips off of eBay. My ears are a bit weird and the included silicone tips need to be pushed back in every once in a while. Foam is much better. Apple should include them in the box, or sell them as an optional extra even.

Picked up a pair of 10€ Chinesium memory foam tips off of eBay. My ears are a bit weird and the included silicone tips need to be pushed back in every once in a while. Foam is much better. Apple should include them in the box, or sell them as an optional extra even.

I've had the same issue with rubber/silicone inserts for earbuds. All the way back when Shure had their 'E' series of earbuds back in the early 2000s, I found foam tips stay in my ear better. Perhaps its something I could wax on about.

I'm the opposite, I tried memory foam ones and they seem to push themselves out of my ears, earplugs do the same over time. The 'standard' Sony silicone tips don't go anywhere.

I remember seeing some a long time ago that were cone shaped and had overlapping flaps, like fish gills. Can't find what they were now but I bet they were a bitch to get out of your ear.

The best ones are the ribbed (for your pleasure, heh heh) silcones, but those get unconformable because they like to travel inwards and tickle your brain. Like this style:

Hearos_store_cross-section_HiFi-or_800x.png

I'm doing more electronics stuff at the minute and wanted something for testing LEDs.

IMG_5609_S1024.jpg

At least I'll never have an argument about it being mine, it does have my name on it after all.

A Kingston A2000 M.2 PCIe 500 GB SSD - the old 256 GB SATA SSD filled up with games so I'll clone the system and games partitions to the new SSD, extend the games partition and afterwards use the old SSD to store pictures which are currently on an HDD.

Last time I did a summer roadtrip with FinalGear, I got new communications gear for the motorcycle. This time, I also bought an additional to the communications gear. Due to holding a two-way radio while driving is now actually forbidden in Germany, I got a Chinesium bluetooth headset for my radio. Works out of the box, I hope it's also stable.
I also got a dashcam for my car, and to save all the footage, a 3 TB external hard drive.

And a 4-port USB charger so I only need one wall outlet to keep all the things charged on the trip. :D

Last time I did a summer roadtrip with FinalGear, I got new communications gear for the motorcycle. This time, I also bought an additional to the communications gear. Due to holding a two-way radio while driving is now actually forbidden in Germany, I got a Chinesium bluetooth headset for my radio. Works out of the box, I hope it's also stable.
I also got a dashcam for my car, and to save all the footage, a 3 TB external hard drive.

And a 4-port USB charger so I only need one wall outlet to keep all the things charged on the trip. :D

I'll need to get another euro-US adapter as a hotel in Hamburg has one of mine. Only noticed after I got home. I need to check through my roadtrip dashcam video. I have some video of a Red Fiat Barchetta going up the alps while I blasted Rush's Red Barchetta song. :D

Wait, you've been to Hamburg at some point and didn't give us northern Germans a heads-up? I'm appalled... :p

Wait, you've been to Hamburg at some point and didn't give us northern Germans a heads-up? I'm appalled... :p

I'm sorry, I meant Hannover, went to Autostadt for a day. I want to go to Hamburg for that miniature wonderland place.